Investment Analyst, AVP
Who we are looking for:
The State Street Global Delivery team is looking for a qualified senior analyst with strong experience in Investment Accounting to provide daily readiness for Fund Managers, ensure accurate and timely books and records for Start of Day trading.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Delivery (SSGD). SSGD gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGD’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
The Senior Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for various functions and tasks including Portfolio Health, Cash Balance accuracy, Day over Day portfolio analysis, Start of Day readiness for Portfolio managers, overdraft monitoring and resolution, material break review, month end books close, stale balance monitoring and review. The role is client facing, including answering queries from clients over the phone or in writing, working with the COOs to provide timely and accurate responses to ad-hoc client queries, participating in client meetings and representing the business unit.
You will be expected to drive teamwork across the business to ensure goals and objectives are met timely and accurately. Your ability to identify operational optimisation needs, provide recommendations and assist in implementation is imperative. It will be crucial for you to maintain industry knowledge for suggestions on implementing standard methodologies and improving processes. Opportunities for you to participate in and lead strategic special projects will be available for you to grow and develop leadership skills.
In this role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily support of Investment analysis through the lens of the Fund manager in readiness for Start of Day
- Work with Global team to ensure global consistency and approach Apply in depth knowledge of both technical and operational details of front office, middle office, and data management to create client solutions, and the ability to explain solutions and value propositions to clients
- You will assess systems capabilities and identify potential functionality gaps
- Track client feedback/requests and incorporate in product road map where appropriate.
- Document new or update existing operation controls and procedures
- Work closely with Business, Data and Solution Architecture to ensure alignment with strategic goals and key business decisions regarding products, services and key business initiatives.
- Work with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk, cost or service issues and generate efficiencies.
- Act as a resource taking a leadership role in transformation and growth initiatives
- These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- 8+ years of Investment Management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client facing & presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and accounting platforms
- Strong leadership and resource management skills
- Motivated and team oriented individual who possesses the ability to work in an energizing environment while handling multiple tasks
- Capable of adapting and leading through change
- Charles River (CRD) experience highly desirable
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 8+ years of Investment management experience
- Relevant degree in Economics or similar field
- CFA level 1
Sequel coding language is a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.