Fund Accounting Team Manager, Officer
This managerial position has responsibility for managing the day to day Fund Accounting administration service ensuring that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time and in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
You will act as a senior escalation point within the team for all internal State Street and Client related queries and is expected to take ownership or delegate as appropriate.
The candidate is also be responsible for the management of staff, ensuring that all staff are trained, coached and developed in line with their role and development pathways.
The Accounting Officer directly responsible for leading projects, performing team and department level analysis of the process, running initiatives related to all aspects of the business at departmental level.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Officer you will
- Oversee Valuations for specified clients and ensure that all relevant checks to the Funds NAVs have been completed. This will include checks against fund benchmarks and reasonability reports.
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group.
- Act as escalation point for technical issues encountered in the daily business.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff are available to service the clients and deliver quality service.
- Monitor errors and potential losses/ breaches. Complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/ training are identified and relevant remedial action is taken and training (as appropriate) is completed.
- Attend service calls as required and plan accordingly for confirmed projects. Act as primary liaison for Fund Accounting activities.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary.
- Where client initiatives involve the need to amend the current process, liaise with the appropriate Staff Members/Client Relationship Managers to ensure full understanding of current vs. future state and potential gaps/business impacts that may require project support.
- Assist as Subject Matter Expert during Clients’ visits or projects where technical knowledge of the process is required.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Confidence in dealing with all situations.
- Excellent communication, organisational and report writing skills.
- Displaying organizational insight & influence.
- Fostering collaboration & team work.
- Talent development skills.
- Self-motivation & enthusiasm.
- Leading / Motivating skills.
- Trustworthiness, self-reliance & flexibility.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in the provision of fund administration services or in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.