Financial Reporting Specialist (Assistant Manager – Financial Reporting)
Financial Reporting Specialists (“FRS”) operate in our Financial Statements production unit out of India. FRS deal with the preparation of our clients’ financial statements. They obtain the data and convert it to Excel based support to draft the financial statements. Our FRS should be able to deal with complex matters and be able to handle large amount of data and convert it to easy understandable support which can be utilized by die auditors during the audit engagement. The FRS will also be tasked to work on Excel automation initiatives.
- Ensure the financial statements that we deliver to our clients meet our exceptional quality standards. Escalate technical questions or challenges the FRS can’t handle to the Managers and Directors.
- For the projects assigned, the role of the FRS is to have a deep understanding of our clients’ reporting requirements and the applicable financial reporting framework.
- The FRS is tasked on every engagement to improve efficiency and product quality to ensure we add value to our clients on every annual engagement. We have large volume clients and therefore automating processes are a key driver in our business.
- Client operational relationship. Report matters to the Directors that could harm client relationships.
- Financial Statements delivery
- Knowledge of reporting frameworks (IFRS, US GAAP (bonus), Specified Basis of Accounting)
- Advanced skills in Excel, including VBA, PowerQuery background
- In depth knowledge of Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc)
- High quality financial statements complying with the reporting framework
- High quality Excel Workbook that supports the numbers and disclosures in the financial statements
- Review function
- As per project and instructed by Director, the FRS may need to review the Shared Services’ staff delivery products
- Review work of financial statements for accurate transfer of data from Excel to Word performed by the Word processing team members.
Core operational processes
- The behaviors and manners in which the FRS works together in dealing with the ambiguities of the job and the organizational structure, in which everyone has two reporting lines, is critical and a key element of their appraisal.
- Training and coaching of Shared Services staff on the job such that their skills further develop by reviewing their work and giving feedback for learning.
- Ensure that new methodologies, standards, new regulations, the correct use of software, are applied.
- Ensure that work delivered for clients is compliant with IQ-EQ’s compliance manuals, and the applicable regulatory framework.
- Our new organization is strongly process driven. The FRS has a special role in following the core business processes as defined and help improving such processes on an ongoing basis.
- Work closely together with the Managers and Directors that all client deadlines and milestones are met as per the plan.
- Work together with the Managers and Directors to ensure the planning assumptions and input are correct.
- Ensure that all work meets financial reporting framework standards and report non-compliance as appropriate.
- Ensure protection of information assets of IQ-EQ India and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ India
Key competencies for position and level
- Customer focus
- Communicate effectively
- Builds effective teams
- Drive automation initiatives
Key behaviours we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge and insight of the accounting frameworks
- Taking ownership of clients’ requests, be pro-active
- Manage teams (at clients or internal) and be able to work in a team environment
- Perform research to obtain the best and effective solution for clients
- Look for inefficiencies in our clients’ systems and processes and enhance them
- Drive automation initiatives to ensure we perform our work at optimal efficiency levels
- Clear Manager and Director’s questions and comments efficiently
- Look for opportunities where we can add value to our clients
- Prepare and review financial statements
- Communicate with auditors and resolve questions/comments effectively and on a timely basis
Education / professional qualifications
- BCom Accounting Degree
- SAICA or SAIPA completed articles
- Solid knowledge of IFRS and related accounting frameworks
Computer / program knowledge
- Excel – Candidate should be comfortable using VBA for programming and coding, including Macros.
- MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- CaseWare and Xero experience would be a bonus, but not a requirement.
Company, product and market knowledge
- Excel, VBA, Automation
- Financial Statements
Management and leadership
- Successfully completed articles
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.