AIS Fund Administrator, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
This is the Fund Accounting Assistant Manager role responsible for managing the daily operations of the team, leading the team and working closely with higher management in order to meet the business unit goals and objectives.
What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accounting – Senior Associate you will
- Assign work and supervise the flow of daily operations and be the subject matter expert for process
- Professionally review 5 processes, including bookkeeping, bank reconciliation, financial statements (balance sheet/ income statement/ schedule of investment/ partners’ capital account statements and other required financial statements), calculation (capital call/ distribution allocation, mgt fee calculation, IRR and Waterfall) and client services (audit confirmation, questionnaire, LP reports, etc.)
- Be able to professionally resolve the issues and provide help to junior colleagues, confidently and efficiently communicate with home site
- Monitor the deliverables, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of deliverables; be able to flexibly arrange work among the team;
- Update and maintain procedures for all tasks/activities and work with the Manager to ensure all corporate compliance, risk policies and SOP’s are adhered to by the team;
- Be accountable for all the assigned tasks, resolve complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency to meet required deliverables;
- Build a collaborative relationship with inter-departmental contacts and achieve business goals;
- Assist Manager in making enhancements to the daily operating model; Be active of taking responsibility in supporting project, migrations, etc.
- Coordinate On-The-Job training for staff members and assist the Manager with staff development and succession planning;
What we value:
This role requires strong communication, staff management and client serving skills as well relevant industry experience.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting, Finance or Economics related field; accounting background is preferred;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in financial services, fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment; big four/ accounting firm/ fund house work experience is preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to priorities under pressure; adapt to work under given timeline;
- Advanced knowledge of MS office;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Detail-oriented, logical thinking, strong learning ability, sense of responsibility and team work are required;
- Good interpersonal skill and team spirit; effective communication, organizational and negotiation skills;
- Self-motivated, creative and efficient in finding solutions to complex, time-critical problems and strong analytical ability.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.