Role: Cost Accountant
Location of Employment 159-161 Sheriff Street Upper Dublin 1 (Hybrid)
Contract 6 month fixed term
Salary €57,224 - €78,684
Probation 6 months
Hours 35 Hours per week
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland. At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated and growing staff body working in every corner of Ireland. Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism, and respect to our business. Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment, great learning opportunities, a supportive management team and an extensive benefits package:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Excellent & Continuous Training
- Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Employee Benefits
- 22 days (+closed 3 days at Christmas week, Good Friday and 1x Me Day)
If the above appeals to you, then keep reading and remember Clúid Housing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have just been awarded a Bronze Award from the Investors for Diversity and are committed to continuing our work in creating a rich, diverse and respectful workplace reflective of different identities, perspectives and experiences. We welcome and encourage applications of all cultures, nationalities, backgrounds, genders, those from the LGBTQ+ community and people from traditionally marginalised backgrounds. It is only with diverse and creative thinking that we will be able to learn new and innovative ways to do things and this will allows us to develop ourselves, Clúid and the wider society.
The Finance Department
The Finance, Treasury and Procurement Team is led by a the Chief Finance Officer and is split in to seven sections
- Transactional Finance
- Financial Reporting & Business Partnering
- Corporate Finance
- Risk Assurance
Role: Cost Accountant
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for developing a costing model process and tool, to enable the ongoing analysis of product costing, and support pricing decision making for services. This role will also work closely with the Commercial Development, Operations and Executive teams to define service delivery models and pricings options for services to third parties.
Reporting to: Head of Finance
- Collecting and analysing data about a company’s operational costs
- Setting standard costs for services, including Tenancy Management, Facilities Management, Construction Project Management services
- Developing and analysing cost standards, rate cards
- Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labour, repairs, maintenance, etc.
- Advising executives and senior management on appropriate costing based on financial data, to support pricing decisions of services to third parties
- Supporting other company accountants with invoicing and capital expenditure
- Engaging with Budget Owners to understand cost base and deliver commercial information requirements, including cost analytics and variance analysis
- Supporting the preparation, setting & analysis of rate cards for services
- Supporting the work of the CFO division in developing and delivering a sustainable financial future for the organisation
- Supporting the work of the wider CFO team, attending meetings and supporting peers.
- Ad-hoc projects, including research of finance and accounting problems, gather information to support analysis and provide audit support
- Managing the planning and implementation of process improvement and change management initiatives
- Prepare Executive and Board finance reporting templates
- Communicating financial information and complex strategic issues in a clear, concise and relevant manner to assist & guide decision-makers in property transactions
- Ensuring all activity is aligned to Clúid’s values and contributes to the mission of supporting the development of thriving communities.
- Adhering to all Clúid policies and procedures at all times.
- Exercising discretion at all times.
- Fulfilling all care and high standards regarding both Clúid’s and your own health and safety obligations.
- Adopt an approach of continuous learning and personal development.
- To positively promote the Association in all activities.
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role.
Clúid Housing Core Competencies
- Customer Centric
- Attention to Detail
- Financial & Regulatory Acumen
- Analytical & Problem Solving Skills
- Systems and IT Skills
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of illustrating in their application that they fulfil the following criteria. Examples that demonstrate the ability to fulfil the criteria should be included as well as the above competencies.
Education / Qualifications
- Degree level - Essential
- Qualified accountant- Essential
Knowledge / Skills
- I.T. skills to higher level including excel- Essential
- Attention to detail- Essential
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles- Essential
- Problem solving skills- Essential
- To plan and organise at organisation and personal level- Essential
- Ability to adapt to new IT systems- Essential
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written, report writing, presentation- Essential
- Strong analytical & statistical skills- Essential
- Evidenced cost accountant experience minimum 3 years- Essential
- Experience of working in a property orientated environment or similar SME- Desirable
- Experience of working in a team environment- Essential
- Experience of working with senior management- Essential
The closing date for applications to be returned for this role is 12th June 2023 at 11:59 a.m.
It is anticipated that interviews for the position will be held week commencing 19th June 2023