Job title: Finance Assistant
Location: Rochester, Kent. Hybrid pattern of 3-4 days based in the main office.
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £22,000+ depending on experience
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for a Financial Assistant, to join our experienced Group finance team in the Electronic Systems division. Working closely with the Project team, you will provide a project accounting service to the business which will involve the financial control and reporting of a group of projects within a defined business area. Support the business by working with the project teams to deliver to their financial commitments. You will have ownership for the day-to-day responsibilities of below:
- Financially control and manage a suite of projects and complete reporting requirements on behalf of those projects
- Partner with the Project teams to understand budgets and variances, and to challenge the assumptions made in order to identify financial risks and opportunities.
- Preparation of financial reporting by pulling and validating data from a variety of sources
- Help ensure projects are fully compliant with the BAE Systems Operational Framework and Finance Policies Manual to satisfy all Internal Control requirements
- Proactively seeking to improve local processes and working practices to drive efficiencies across the team and wider business to help drive the Finance function forward
- Working with key stakeholders and supporting line leaders in the preparation and completion of financial forecasts in support of monthly business reviews, annual budgets, quarterly business reviews and 5 year integrated business plans
Your skills and experiences:
- Good knowledge of Excel and the ability to quickly learn new IT applications
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels including project managers and multi-functional teams along with business area directors
- The ability to adapt to change and/or prioritise to meet key deadlines
- Ability to work accurately and to time when under pressure
- Education in Accounting, Finance or Business (desirable)
- Experience in Accounting, Finance or Business (desirable)
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Finance -Electronic systems team:
You will be joining a developed team of self-starters, high team spirited, energetic and diligent individuals. This team consist of 4 individuals, whilst reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller. You will have the opportunity to work with varied stakeholders within the product lines, working closely with the Project team, and also participate in various projects. This role gives you an opportunity to cater the growth for a commercial finance career. This role will expand your knowledge and give the ability to influence stakeholders and an opportunity to make a real difference in the decision-making process.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 15th June 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.