European Tax Manager
As the European Tax Manager will be responsible for building the groups tax strategy, looking for business efficiency improvement opportunities and responsible for coordinating tax compliance. You will be required to develop a clear understanding of the business both operationally and financially, to make key business decisions.
They are a clothing apparel company, which was originally founded in Japan in 1949 as a textiles manufacturer. Now it is a global brand with over 1000 stores around the world. Redefining clothing, with a focus on quality and textiles which has been unwavered since the company's origins in 1949.
As the European Tax Manager you will be responsible for 4 key areas:
- Business Insights and Analysis
Building relationships with the management of our online business and retail stores to identify potential tax issues.
Regular communication with corporate planning to disclose the P&L impact of tax.
- Ongoing Process Improvement
Improving the efficiency of tax performance on their SAP system.
- Tax Compliance
Ensuring correct recording for VAT and Corporate Tax reporting.
Working with the global tax team in implementing their overall tax strategy in Europe.
Preparing and reviewing sections of their IFRS group reporting.
- Tax Accounting and Reporting
Supporting general accounting and corporate planning in month end P&L reviews.
Preparing monthly journals and reconciliations for tax accounts and balances to be reviewed by the CFO.
- IFRS-background and knowledge of the difference between local, management and financial ledgers
- Proficient in VAT and Corporation tax reporting, preferably with experience reporting in multiple European countries
- Understanding of broad tax topics, including import duties, business rates, property taxes, and other indirect taxes
- Strong working knowledge of primary statements and their interrelations (P&L, Balance Sheet, SOCI etc.)
- Retail experience is desirable but not required.
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- SAP background is desirable but not required
- Ability to communicate clearly with management and store staff on tax topics and business operations
- Ability to complete technical tasks and projects with many departments to fixed deadlines
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Staff Discount 30%
- Global Profit Share Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Medical Care
- Private Pension Scheme
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Tea and coffee provided
- Hybrid working, 2 days from home, 3 days in the office
- Social events throughout the year
- Seasonal Sample Sales
- Volunteer Day - twice a year
- Central London Office