Total Platform Business Partner
Total Platform Business Partner
Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
A new role has arisen within the Branded Accounts Payable team as a Total Platform Business Partner. The LABEL business has seen significant growth over the last few years and this role will help with the continued growth of the business acting as the key operational support to our branded partners.
A large part of this role will be business partnering, acting as the primary contact between finance and key internal customers. Next now provides a Total Platform service to several 3 rd party partners including Joules, Reiss and Jo Jo Maman Bebe. As a Finance Business Partner your key area of responsibility will be to ensure accurate invoicing and reporting and analysis of financial information in addition, you will work closely with our Total Platform clients, responding to queries and providing analysis and information when required.
About the role:
- You’ll be involved from the point of onboarding new brand partners
- Administering and accounting for different buying methods
- Day-to-day management of partner payments and queries
- Act as the primary contact between Finance and key internal customers
- You will lead and develop a team of 3 in the UK to provide class leading MI to support and influence business decisions.
- You’ll act as project manager to coordinate cross functional projects to deliver customer improvements
- Manage relationships with third party payment providers
- Review Management Accounts information and ensure strict controls are maintained over financial & operational areas
- Key operational support to our branded partners
- Financial responsibilities include the management of all of the Branded balance sheets
- Supplier reconciliations
- Delivering MI to senior management
- Work with Robotics team to deliver task migration and monitor performance, highlight key issues
- LABEL is growing and changing all the time so this role will also involve working with our systems teams to ensure new developments (e.g. buying methods, contractual terms, reporting requirements) are fully scoped and implemented correctly
- Qualified accountant (or QBE), who is confident in double-entry and VAT
- You possess high level IT skills to complement your ability to analyse and interpret information. Knowledge of SQL is preferable but not essential
- Experience of working with non-financial areas
- Confident in explaining complex areas and able to provide process flows
- A good communicator, you’ll be comfortable presenting in meetings and liaising with all levels of management
- Able to stand in for your manager in meetings or whilst on holidays
- Able to manage and prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met and excellent levels of customer service are maintained.
- A good people manager with the ability to motivate a team
- You’ll be used to thinking on your feet and making decisions
- You’ll be a talented manager who is able to inspire a team of people and be comfortable communicating well at all levels
- You’re able to manage and prioritise your workload and have the flexibility to handle operational issues whilst still hitting other deadlines
- High attention to detail
- A team player with the ability to work with people at all levels
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.