Assistant Manager, Corporate Tax - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist – at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace. That’s why, at Crowe, our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Assistant Manager, Corporate Tax - Thames Valley
Following significant growth, our Corporate Tax team in Reading are looking to appoint an Assistant Manager. The role will provide professional support to the whole of the Corporate Tax department; assisting managers, directors & partners to manage the taxation relationship services for their portfolio of clients which will include OMBs, listed companies, multinational groups, and private equity backed businesses. The role includes managing corporate tax compliance and advisory matters on a broad range of clients in respect of their taxation affairs and any other company tax related requirements they may have.
- Accepting responsibility for a portfolio of clients and prioritising work as necessary
- Acting as the primary contact for most clients throughout the tax cycle ensuring that tax matters are raised proactively and communicated to the client
- Managing client and third-party relationships from initial set up meetings, liaising with other advisors, to ongoing service issues on allocated portfolio,
- Preparing tax computations and returns, calculating tax liabilities and advising clients accordingly
- Preparing deferred tax calculations, tax reconciliations and tax disclosure for inclusion within the statutory accounts.
- Reviewing preparation of work by peers and more junior members of the team
- Considering tax planning opportunities and identifying opportunities to increase the client base and develop cross departmental working opportunities.
- Building relationships, and working closely with other departments such as audit and business solutions to deliver client work
- Dealing with client queries in an efficient and timely manner
- Working within an agreed fee, to set deadlines and assisting with monthly client billing
- Supporting senior managers, directors and partners in advisory matters
- Ad hoc tasks including technical research as and when required
The ideal individual
- A relevant professional qualification (i.e. CTA, ACA or equivalent) coupled with excellent working knowledge and experience of corporate tax compliance and advisory work and tax planning projects
- Some experience of managing a client portfolio highlighting proven soft skills including; monitoring and keeping to deadlines, building effective and meaningful client relationships, exemplary written and verbal communication skills, highly motivated and strong organisational and multi-tasking abilities
- Confident when dealing with clients’ day-to-day compliance affairs
- Competent in drafting tax disclosures for statutory accounts purposes
- A flair for understanding advisory work and anticipating client needs before they arise
- Good business awareness and an interest in getting involved in business development and promoting initiatives.
- Experienced in reviewing work of more junior staff and providing on-the-job training, guidance and support for fellow members of the tax team
- Experience in using relevant tax software such as Alphatax useful but not essential as training will be provided
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 07 July 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.