Senior Associate - Actuarial (PwC Acceleration Center Kuala Lumpur)
Whether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & SummaryA career within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.
You will play an integral role in supporting our life, annuity, and health clients in a variety of ways which includes the following but are not limited to:
- Supporting the audits of several of the largest insurers in the world. This includes public, private and mutual insurers. It also includes the insurance operations of several banks and private equity firms.
- Performing a variety of consulting projects that include financial reporting, capital reporting, product pricing. We also perform operational and organizational consulting for our clients.
- Supporting buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition activities. This includes analysis of the underlying products and services as well as potential risks and other elements that affect the price of the deal.
- Performing detailed model validations of underlying reserves and other actuarially determined balances across multiple reporting and regulator bases. This work supports audits and consulting engagements.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participating in a wide range of projects and collaborating across multiple work streams or teams; consistently demonstrating creative thinking, individual initiative and timely completion of assigned work.
- Consistently demonstrating teamwork dynamics by working as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback.
- Ability to prepare deliverables within stringent deadlines.
- Keep up to date with local, national and international business and economic issues.
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen.
- Serve as participant on communications with numerous Engagement teams
A career in this practice will provide you the opportunity to help organizations by providing actuarial and insurance services. You will have the opportunity to specialize in some of the following:
- Demonstrating proven thorough knowledge of, and/or success in managerial roles involving, technical actuarial subject matter specialization, especially in Life or Non-Life industry and regulatory developments.
- Demonstrating proven thorough knowledge of, and/or success in roles involving, participating in efforts to identify and address client needs for a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Participating actively in client discussions and meetings;
- Communicating a broad range of Firm services; and;
- Managing engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
- Demonstrating proven thorough level abilities and/or success with using spreadsheets, database and/or other actuarial software-related technologies.
- Demonstrating proven thorough abilities and/or success as a team leader:
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members;
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; and,
- Answering questions and providing direction to less-experienced staff.
- Demonstrating proven thorough level abilities and/or success with writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
Bachelor’s in Actuarial/ Finance/Economics/Mathematics/ Statistics (B. Com, B.A (Economics) B.Sc. with Economics / Mathematics / Statistics Hons) with focus on actuarial methods and principals along with following certifications / degree:
- Actively pursuing Membership / Associateship of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries / Society of Actuaries (or equivalent) with a minimum of 4-5 Actuarial Exams
- Certification requirement may be waived if the candidate has more experience in the relevant field
- Work Experience ranges as below:
- Senior Associate – 2 to 3 years for the members / associate of Actuarial Institutions
- Senior Associate 2 – 3 to 5 years for the members / associate of Actuarial Institutions
- Advance knowledge on Microsoft Office especially Excel
- An additional knowledge of either of the following would be preferred:
- Data Analytics – Python, SQL
- Visualization Tools (Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight)
- VBA programming
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills
- Commitment to continuous training and to proactively learn new processes
- Team player – committed to providing high quality and maintaining timeliness
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a desire to take responsibility for personal growth and development.
Additional application instructions
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM onwards (or equivalent)
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
Click on this linkto know more about PwC's Acceleration Centers
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.