Associate Director, Transaction Support - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist – at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace. That’s why, at Crowe, our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Associate Director, Transaction Services, Thames Valley
As an Associate Director in the Transaction Support team in Corporate Finance you will be given the opportunity to join a growing advisory team and further develop your experience advising on both buy-side and sell-side UK and international mergers and acquisitions, providing due diligence and deal advice to strategic buyers, financial investors, banks and other funders.
You will work in a Partner-led advisory team where leading a team of deal professionals, you will be expected to manage all aspects of a due diligence exercise. You will be responsible for exceptional service delivery within the team and will also be expected to actively contribute to business development and origination activities. You will also be responsible for the appraisal and development of a team of people.
Benefitting from working closely with Partners possessing a wealth of experience in Transactions Services and Corporate Finance, you will have the opportunity to develop, strengthen and refine your technical and delivery skills as well as your ability to win work through your business-development skills.
There will be a real opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the growth of the team and its ambition to be the ‘go-to’ deal support team in the Thames Valley region for mid-market deals. It is an exciting time for Crowe in Reading; growth has been unprecedented in recent years and the energy and enthusiasm in the team makes for an enjoyable, achievement-focussed and rewarding environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
The successful candidate will enjoy the direct support of the Partner in the execution of all responsibilities, some of which will include:
- Leading initial scoping meetings with clients and to identify the key questions that the DD needs to answer
- Prepare formal proposals in respect of new work opportunities and potential client introductory meetings
- Be responsible for the preparation and delivery to the partner of market leading ‘client ready’ due diligence reports that are “Robust, Relevant and Insightful”. This must include the drafting of well-structured and concise ‘Key Messages’ along with being responsible for overall report quality.
- Manage other lines of service (i.e. Tax) in respect of their input to a due diligence report
- Be responsible for the development and appraisals of junior members of the team
- Be active and visible in the Thames Valley deals market and to keep abreast of what is happening in the local CF market
- Take on more direct business development activities in order to start winning, or make significant contribution towards winning, increment fee income
The role will require the successful individual to:
- Ideally have worked in transaction services, or the wider corporate finance/financial investigations lines of service, for at least 4 years
- Be fully qualified (preferably ACA, though we will consider other equivalents for the right individual)
- Be a top performer amongst their peers in their current role
- Be self-motivated and show strong values of ownership in respect of the task/output
- Demonstrate tangible excitement about the opportunity to join a fast-growing team, and display energy and commitment to the strategic goals of the firm as a whole
- Be comfortable and capable of managing more junior staff, and taking on the responsibility for the day-to-day management of the team
- Initially the role will be primarily one of delivery, but the successful candidate should be good at networking and be starting to take on direct business development activities in their current role
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit. We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 07 July 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.