R&A Senior Finance Analyst
Where you fit
The primary role will be to support the business performance management for the TSPO (Trading & Supply Product Operation) business Logistic & Operations (L&O) which includes reporting, analysis & analytics activities. R&A deliverables, regional initiatives, collaborative skills & leading by example in terms of key company values.
What’s the role
Management Information, Planning and Analysis:
- Financial Assurance including supporting to the Month Close activities (done by the Internal Reporting team) and ensuring First Time Right.
Balance Sheet analysis and Cash Flow reporting
- Providing commentaries and analysis of business performance drivers, ensuring first quartile quality standards including understanding Business levers, Budgeting (Targets & Resources), Cost Leadership and Latest Estimates accuracy
- Demand Management of MI (Management Information) including competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining a high quality and integrity of deliverables.
- Drive development/design of new MI and finance support processes
- Continuous focus on improvement opportunities in process and content and identifies and actions opportunities to reduce complexity, promote best practice and provide focus on financial issues. Support resolution of the issues/bottlenecks in the reporting process.
- Initiate and implement innovative approaches to data analysis and reporting to ensure sufficient capacity and flexibility exist to meet demand from Business Partners.
- Proactively manages relationships with the T&S (Trading and Supply) East Business Partners
- Primary contact for R&A
- Keeps abreast of Business developments and Business performance drivers.
- Conduct sessions with stakeholders in finance &/or business (wherever, relevant) and emphasize the landscape of existing MI.
- Qualified Accountant (CA/CIMA/ACCA/MBA) with 5 to 8 years of post-qualification and having at least 2 years of relevant experience in Business Performance Management & Business Partnering.
- Experience of understanding the ERP systems especially GSAP R3, BW and GPMR is preferred
- Experience in business intelligence tools like Spotfire, BI4, etc is preferred
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Experience of working in a virtual environment is preferred
- Good communication skills with the proven ability to effectively challenge senior management
- Pro-active approach and the ability to identify and support resolving First Time right issues (eg: accounting & reporting issues, MRD issues) in a dynamic environment.
- This is a 1 year contract role and its renewable
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.