Accounting Insight & Advisory Manager
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
This exciting role is to join a large Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) team in the North-West. The ABA team is split into two sub-teams - Accounting, Insight and Advisory (AIA) and Accounting and Financial Reporting (AFR).
Here at RSM we act for clients across a wide range of sectors including retail, media and technology, real estate and construction and energy and natural resources. With a personal, director led approach we work as trusted advisers to a wealth of clients from small owner-managed businesses to large corporate clients and partnerships.
If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you. We can offer a great salary and benefits package, but also the opportunity to work for an organisation that genuinely values you and will aid your development and progression.
- Manage and oversee the Accounting, Insight and Advisory (AIA) team
- Managing a portfolio of clients, including budgeting, cost management, and billing using FRS 102 and FRS 105 and other relevant accounting standards such as UK GAAP
- Managing and developing team members through coaching, training, and mentoring to enhance their skills and facilitate their professional growth
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact for your portfolio of clients, and to always practice the principles of excellent client service.
- Monitor and manage conflicting workloads for team members and prioritise requirements to ensure all deadlines are met
- Demonstrating an ability to project manage the end-to-end process of your engagements including driving the timeline, management of the client and team, the review process and overall delivery of the project
- Ensure resource is planned effectively and team members are briefed appropriately to deliver projects to clients in line with RSM’s quality guidelines and procedures
- Liaise with other departments within the office/region, to ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Actively own the risk management and take ownership for weekly client calls to establish a close working relationship with your primary client contacts
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading
Personal and professional qualities
Once you start yourRSM career, you’ll be welcomed into a community of professionals who’ll help you spark ideas, find new solutions and make you feel like you belong.
As a Manager will have the opportunity to build your skillset to support the growth of the firm through identifying opportunities and participating in broader multi-service line pitches.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience must include:
- Fully Qualified Accountant – ACA/ACCA
- Working experience of UK GAAP and financial reporting experience
- Strong technical skills, including FRS 102 and FRS 105 experience
- Working knowledge of Sage, Xero, QuickBooks, and/or other cloud accounting packages
- Good organisation skills, ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of CCH or similar professional accounts preparation packages
- Experience of managing and oversee a team within financial services, including training, coaching, and performance management
- Experience of preparing consolidated workings and statutory consolidated group accounts
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook, and advanced Excel
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Experience of working with Non-Profits
- An understanding of data analytic tools such as Alteryx and / or Power BI
A willingness to travel to client’s premises or other regional offices is required.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.