Finance Business Partner
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic Finance team supporting an online and retail operation with over 500 stores and a growing third party Total Platform (TP) partner base including Joules, Reiss and Jo Jo Maman Bebe. You will play a key role in the support of Nexts world class warehousing and logistics operations.
Next now provide a Total Platform service to several 3 rd party partners. This includes providing warehousing and logistics services and means that we have responsibility for reporting and controlling all of our partners stock. As a Finance Business Partner your key area of responsibility will be to ensure accurate reporting and analysis of financial information relating to Total Platform stock across all our UK warehouses, RSC’s and International Hubs. In addition, you will work closely with our Total Platform clients, responding to queries and providing analysis and information.
This is a full time role based in South Elmsall near Pontefract – close to the A1.
- Taking an active role in the management of warehouse stock control
- Building a strong relationship with our 3 rd party partners
- Creating a series of reporting tools using existing data and reports to analyse weekly stock movements for all of our partners
- Monitoring, highlighting and investigating any areas of concern, liaising with TP partners, warehousing teams, IT and/or other Finance teams as appropriate
- Reviewing controls and procedures across the operation and identifying areas for operational and reporting improvements
- Documenting operational and reporting procedures for presentation to and discussion with new and existing clients
- Liaising with external auditors for Next and our clients
- Team management – initially one direct report but with the potential to grow in line with the TP business
- Financial accounting – ensuring that our TP clients are able to make the necessary financial provisions and adjustments to their accounts in accordance with Next
- Having a presence in the warehouses, consulting and liaising with the internal audit team on the audit approach as well as liaising with site management on operational processes
- Responding to ad hoc queries from people across the business as and when required
- Qualified financial accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA (Finalist with good experience would be considered)
- Proven experience working in either financial roles or in audit practice
- Good IT knowledge – Microsoft Excel, accounting software and SQL/Databricks (desirable)
- Ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of information
- Excellent attention to detail with an analytical approach to solving problems
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic and driven with a real passion for developing yourself
- Able to adapt and keep pace with a fast moving environment
- Commercial awareness and understanding of core business processes
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
ABOUT SOME OF OUR BENEFITS
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.