Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting - Thames Valley
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist – at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace. That’s why, at Crowe, our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting, Thames Valley
We seek a professional and driven Assistant Manager for our new Financial Reporting team. The purpose of this team will be to elevate the provision of our accounting and reporting service to Audit clients to the ‘next level’. Whilst our talented Auditors have previously provided this service to their clients, our portfolio has now grown to such a size that it demands more focussed attention.
Therefore, this is a unique opportunity for someone to add instant value to our firm – producing work that will rapidly make a positive difference to our clients and colleagues alike.
Joining as an Assistant Manager, the primary scope of the role will be to take full ownership of providing a best-in-class accounts preparation & financial reporting service for our varied portfolio of Audit clients which include multinational groups, PLCs, listed companies, owner-managed businesses and leading charities, large academies and schools.
As a key part of one of the largest Audit teams in the Thames Valley region, and that has been named the UK’s leading charity auditor for the last 14 years running, your role will involve:
- Preparation of statutory accounts, financial reports, consolidations and disclosures under a range of reporting and accounting standards (IFRS, UK GAAP, Charities SORP, FRS 102, etc.)
- Supporting the Audit team with client queries regarding clients’ accounts.
- Supporting the audit team in finalising statutory financial statement production as part of the audit process.
- Liaising with departments across the firm to ensure client requirements are met and clients are provided with the highest level of service.
- Act as a key contact with clients to identify client-specific areas of judgement, provisioning and risks
- Understanding the regulatory requirements of each client and maintaining your CPD in relation to any regulator updates to relevant standards.
- General and ad-hoc support to the Audit team.
Suitable skills, knowledge and experience for this role are likely to include:
- Experience of preparing full sets of statutory accounts in a professional services environment. Experience of different accounting standards to include IFRS, UK GAAP, Charity SORP, FRS 102, etc.).
- Some audit experience would also be preferable, though not essential.
- An appetite for professional self-development and providing exemplary levels of client service.
- Excellent relationship-building and communication skills, being able to quickly and confidently build lasting relationships with clients and colleagues alike; shaping a proactive, responsive and value-adding service to our clients.
- An accountancy qualification (such as ACA or ACCA) would be preferred. Some prior experience in an Assistant Manager role within anther accountancy firm would be an advantage.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition, you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus, an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.