Senior Accountant, Fund Services
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Group’s teams in 120 offices.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for day–to-day accounting operations for varying industries, including the preparation of financial reports for Alternative Investment Vehicles (primarily Venture Capital, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Real Estate.)
Key functions and responsibilities
- Prepare/review journal entries and reconciliations for monthly/quarterly general ledger close on an accrual basis
- Prepare, review, and full understanding of financial statements, including footnotes
- Review intercompany activity
- Review accounts payable invoices
- Provide necessary information to auditors for completion of annual audit
- Provide necessary information to tax accountants for preparation of annual tax return
- Prepare or review capital call calculations and capital call letters
- Prepare distribution calculations and distribution letters
- Prepare/review investor confirmations
- Calculate management fees
- Prepare client cash dashboards and budgets
- Prepare or review banking compliance certificates
- Develop/train staff accountants
- Support for team members as needed
- Review bank reconciliations
- Review invoices for capital calls and review cash application of A/R
- Ability to navigate the LPA
Competencies and skills
- Excellent at creative problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills along with sharp attention to detail, as well as strong time and work management skills.
- Resourceful and motivated to find outside-the-box solutions to everyday client issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and high level of focus on quality, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- The commitment to independently complete tasks to reach the clients’ goals, which at times may require hours above the standard work week.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat
Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance or related business discipline
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as an accountant
Applications close: 30 Jun 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.