Manager, Audit & Assurance
McMillan Woods Global (MCMWG) is a global network or association of independent local and regional firms of recognised qualified accountants and professional advisors. It was established for the purpose of providing members and their clients with the capability of furnishing a broader spectrum of accounting, auditing, advisory and management services at a cutting edge cost effective basis. Services rendered include but not limited to technical assistance in traditional accounting, audit assurance, tax consulting, specialised services such as fiscal management, privatisation support, litigation, Initial Public Offering (IPO), strategic brainstorming and planning, business valuation and even immigration application and the reformation of accounting systems. Website: www.mcmillanwoods.com
- Lead and manage the audit team in planning, executing, and completing financial audits in accordance with established standards and regulations.
- Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management processes, and operational procedures.
- Identify areas for improvement and provide recommendations to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and compliance.
- Review and analyse financial statements, reports, and documentation to identify discrepancies, irregularities, and potential risks.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders, including clients and regulatory authorities.
- Stay updated with industry best practices, emerging trends, and regulatory changes to ensure compliance and provide guidance to the team.
- Train, mentor, and supervise junior auditors, providing feedback and support to foster their professional growth.
- Prepare comprehensive audit reports, summarising findings, recommendations, and action plans for management.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Members of a recognised accounting body (ie: MIA, ACCA, CPA, MICPA, ICAEW or equivalent).
- Proven experience of minimum 5 years working in audit, preferably in a managerial capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of auditing principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of financial regulations, accounting standards, and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in using audit software and other relevant tools.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify risks, assess controls, and provide valuable insights.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Strong leadership abilities, including the capacity to motivate and guide a team.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.