Global Real Estate – Financial Analysis - Vice President
As a Financial Analysis VP in the Global Real Estate team, you will lead a team of experienced professionals overseeing location strategy financial analysis, capital project plans, LOB allocations, site-level expense forecasts, and firmwide headcount location plans. You will partner with multiple stakeholders and be expected to deliver value-added financial analysis and reporting to assist with strategic direction and decision making. You will be responsible for strategic financial reporting and advising CFOs on how to increase profitability and efficiencies.
This role requires excellent written and verbal presentation skills as you will be responsible for synthesizing complex plans and messages to the CFO and senior leadership across the firm to help drive decisions. This is a fast paced role, requiring flexibility and comfort with frequent shifts in priorities as real estate reacts to LOB and senior leadership requests.
Financial Analysis is responsible for partnering across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, oversight, and coordination of budgeting and forecasting. Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) teams are responsible for a wide range of activities including financial modelling, controls, forecasting and budgeting, analysis of financial/business metrics, delivery of weekly/monthly/quarterly management reporting, development of new reporting capabilities (e.g. dashboards), and advising the line of business CFOs on how to increase profitability and efficiencies.
- Drive cadence and production of budget and monthly forecast at a site level and create reporting and analytics for the EMEA GRE CFO and Regional Lead
- Partner with the Real Estate functions (e.g. Design & Construction, Property Management, Transactions, Regional Strategy, Incentives Group) to develop project level Capital Plan, OPEX forecasts, and other P&L drivers; and providing oversight to ensure effective decision making on all expenditure. Ensure forecast and budget reflect the most up to date assumptions and strategies
- Provide reporting oversight ensuring deadlines are met and that reporting is accurate and timely
- Provide regular and ad hoc strategic reporting to CFOs and senior management, offering transparency into real estate expense allocations and the impact of headcount location plans
- Drive process efficiencies, enhance controls, and introduce automation where possible including designing new reports and dashboards to efficiently deliver the financial results to senior management
- Contribute to Transaction Funding Financial Analysis by evaluating prospective real estate initiatives involving ownership/leasing, capital investment and occupancy strategies associated with JPMC’s corporate real estate portfolio.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Extensive relevant Finance & Business Management experience, preferably in financial services, and/or accounting/controllership
- Experience with financial modelling and forecasting; strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills with ability to analyse large data sets and present conclusions concisely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly and comfortably with different levels of seniority across the organisation, including senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop a vision and strategy while working in a highly collaborative manner
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS products
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills. Ability to handle numerous deliverables simultaneously, many with critical deadlines.; candidate must be comfortable with frequently changing priorities
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner for the Business, Finance, and FP&A Teams. Integrity in handling highly sensitive and confidential information
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Bachelor's degree in business related discipline required (Business Administration or Finance preferred); MBA or MS preferred
- Work experience in Real Estate finance preferred
- Experience with financial systems preferred (EssBase, SAP)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.