Senior Manager - Expenses & Productivity Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the Commonwealth Bank's largest business division, accounting for ~40% of its cash NPAT, and is focused on delivering a seamless banking experience for the future. RBS offers a comprehensive suite of products supported by the largest retail branch and ATM network in Australia. In addition, our customers are also supported by Direct Banking, Video Conferencing and Web chat capabilities. RBS is a leader in customer focused technology including payments and mobile innovation.
Retail Banking Services (RBS) Finance acts as a partner to the Retail Banking Services business unit and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with the Bank’s goals and their business unit responsibilities.
This role reports directly to the Executive Manager, Expenses & Productivity Reporting, RBS Finance.
In conjunction with the Executive Manager Financial Services, your role is to support the RBS Chief Financial Officer to support RBS in executing on its strategy whilst driving cost optimisation and strong governance and financial control. This is a broad and dynamic role where the ability to drive outcomes and deliver insights are critical success factors.
We are looking for experienced senior managers from a FS background, with strong communication, highly developed analytical skills and a strong level of commercial acumen.
Do work that matters
- Oversight of the Expenses Performance, Budgeting and Forecasting processes for RBS with a focus on highlighting financial opportunities/risks and insights.
- Lead month end reporting deliverables, ensuring that operational and financial processes result in timely and accurate financial results and forecasts and act as a key point of contact for any queries. Includes FTE and Wave reporting.
- You will need to understand the processes which derive the financial results and ensure suitable controls are in place to ensure ongoing resilience and reliability, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide insight into key drivers of expense performance to RBS CFO and General Manager RBS Performance Management.
- Preparation of regular reporting to RBS GE, RBS LT, Group CFO, ELT and Group Transformation Office including Commercial and Strategic Insights used in business performance monitoring and decision making.
- Quarterly, half-yearly and year end reporting, including CEO Packs.
- Being a trusted business partner with stakeholders across the business (within RBS Finance, Group Finance and other Division Finance teams) to enable deliverables to be completed on time and resolve issues efficiently
- Responsible for a team of 2, the role is a LT member of the Expenses and Productivity team of 10, focusing also on strategic initiatives and cross-collaboration.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Degree qualified (Accounting or Finance); and
- Post graduate qualification (CA/CPA/CFA).
- Financial Services experience preferably in a banking environment (6 years+)
- Proven communicator with stakeholders, who can demonstrate capacity to work to tight deadlines.
- High levels of motivation and resilience. A collaborative team leader.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, influence and work with stakeholders.
- Proven ability to deliver challenging tasks to tight deadlines, evidenced by experience in owning and driving complex initiatives.
- Highly developed analytical skills and a strong level of commercial acumen and professional judgement.
- A mind for problem solving and simplifying complex processes using a structured and logical approach.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 12/06/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.