Internal Audit Manager - Public & Social Sector
Introduction to the Public & Social Sector team
Our team offers internal audit, advisory and other assurance services across multiple organisations within the public & social sector. We provide our clients with clarity over the performance of their risk management processes and raise recommendations for improvement where required. Working in the public & social sector will enable you to meet and support like-minded individuals at your clients who really want to make a difference in society. You can directly contribute to supporting local communities and be involved with some of the biggest issues in society at the moment.
You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of clients within the public & social sector Risk Consulting team. Our team provide distinctive audit and advisory services across the following six sectors:
- Local Government
- Central Government
- You will be responsible for delivering proactive, high quality and value-added internal audit services across our portfolio of Public & Social Sector clients.
- The role will principally involve co-ordination and day to day delivery of internal audit services to clients to the agreed quality and in accordance with agreed timescales. In addition, you will be expected to play a key role in financial management of your portfolio, business development alongside people management, training and development of the wider team.
- The team has experienced strong growth in recent years and is well placed to build on this further with strong opportunities for further progression for successful candidates. You will also be expected to contribute to the wider success of the Risk Consulting service line and help in its continuous improvement.
- We are now operating a hybrid working model, so you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, and client sites when required.
- This role would be based in the Midlands, with travelling subject to client and business need. You will report to the Partners responsible for Public & Social Sector work within Risk Consulting.
- Co-ordination and support in development and delivery of the Internal Audit Strategy and Annual Plan
- Operationalising and monitoring delivery of the Internal Audit Strategy and Annual Plan, including timetabling and resourcing including any specialist teams
- Planning and performance of fieldwork including liaison with auditees, preparing Terms of Reference briefing any other team members, as well as feedback meetings with auditees
- Support in the preparation, review and presentation of papers to the Audit and Risk Committee/other meetings as required
- Considering the needs and skills of those under supervision, organising tasks and responsibilities.
- Providing on-the-job training and supervision of any junior team members during delivery of fieldwork.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with auditees, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Maintaining control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with.
- Assesses and produces high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing constructive feedback for the completion of team member performance appraisals.
- Being a People Manager, with direct reports and fulfilling the requirements of this role including goal setting, performance reviews, development and training.
- Ensuring the effective financial management of your associated portfolio/audits you are responsible alongside contributing to overall achievement of financial goals.
- Assistance on other special assignments (e.g. working/project groups, other reviews) as and when required.
- Ability to make confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to auditees.
- Support in development and delivery of methodologies, tools and services provided.
- Ensure standards and procedures including the Internal Audit Manual and completion of workings papers is maintained by the team.
- Experience of delivering internal audit services within the Public & Social sector.
- Holds CCAB qualification (i.e.) ACA, CA, ACCA, IIA or CII) or equivalent
- Good interpersonal and client handling skills.
- Experience of people management including managing, training and coaching trainees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
- Ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Provides assistance, shares experience, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Ensure professional internal auditing standards and procedures including the Internal Audit Manual and completion of workings papers is maintained by the team.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.