Senior Manager - Decision Support
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Retail Banking Services (RBS) Finance acts as a partner to the RBS business and other business units (our customers) to help them succeed with achieving the Bank’s goals and fulfilling their business unit responsibilities.
RBS Finance provides financial information and business advice to support our business units to build sustainable shareholder value. RBS Finance forms part of the Financial Services (FS) support unit, whose vision is to make a difference on the things that matter.
The RBS Finance team operates as a business partner integrated with the management of the product and distribution businesses yet with a one step removed status to promote objectivity and independence of analysis and advice. Major work functions are planning, reporting and decision support to line management to promote operational and financial efficiency, productivity delivery and customer service quality.
The RBS Performance Management team is responsible for providing financial support and advice to the RBS business, with the goal of being a trusted business partner through providing valuable advice that drives business performance.
The RBS Planning & Decision Support team sits within the Performance Management team and is responsible for the delivery annual business plans, monthly forecasts, competitor analysis together with financial modelling and advice to drive RBS performance and strategy.
The Senior Manager Decision Support is a key partner to the RBS business in providing integrated financial support and reporting to the RBS business and leadership team. The role involves:
- Preparing time critical business review of strategic investments and transactions for RBS;
- Performing analysis for ad hoc requests to facilitate decision making by the business; and
- To support outstanding customer service, the role requires stakeholder management, across a wide range of stakeholders.
While the premise of the role is a 12-months Maximum Term Contract for an external candidate, or a 12-months secondment for an internal candidate, we could also consider the role on a permanent basis based on team circumstances.
Do work that matters
The responsibilities of the Senior Manager Decision Support include:
- Ability to articulate key business drivers, provide critical insights to drive debate, and deliver value-add analysis across the RBS portfolio of products and businesses;
- Advice and review of strategic investments and transactions (including working closely with M&A);
- Production of analysis and insight to drive RBS performance and strategy;
- Co-ordination and delivery of analysis on the RBS investment spend portfolio;
- Preparation of high quality presentations and supporting analysis / insight for senior management (RBS Group Executive, CFO, Retail Leadership Team and Group Finance);
- Act as a point of contact for RBS CFO, Performance Management GM, and Group Finance in relation strategic transactions and investment spend;
- Answering ad hoc queries from the RBS CFO, Group Finance, RBS business and strategy;
- Build and maintain productive relationships with Finance and Non-Finance stakeholders including RBS Finance Teams, M&A, Treasury, Group Finance, Group Accounting Policy, RBS Strategy and RBS Risk Management;
- Help drive out productivity improvements across our key RBS processes;
- Support the co-ordination and management of financial controls across the Retail Bank;
- Actively contribute to process improvement, simplification and cross skilling across the RBS Business Performance team;
- Development and management of two direct reports;
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Graduate qualifications in a numerate discipline preferably finance, business or economics
- Post graduate qualifications preferred (CA/CPA, MBA)
- Financial Services experience in a banking environment is preferable;
- Strong experience in a financial performance management or related advisory function;
- Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, or Transaction Services experience is a pre-requisite;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Experience managing large processes, whilst being hands on where required;
- Strong leadership and team management skills;
- High degree of commercial acumen;
- Advanced excel modelling skills;
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 19/06/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.