Project Associate - Accounts Payable
Type of Employment: Fixed-term contract
Purpose: To process invoices and respond to vendors and stakeholders inquiries timely and accurately.
- Process invoices in accordance with standard procedures set out in the standard AP Work Instruction as well as in the agreed-upon country specific guidelines;
- Ensure that all inputs are correct prior to completion or posting of invoices to avoid re-work;
- Have enough knowledge on withholding taxes, VAT and other tax related codes and transaction codes necessary to process the invoice correctly or respond to vendor inquiries;
- Understand and operate effectively applicable SOX and business controls;
- Investigate queries raised by stakeholders;
- Exercise diligence in reviewing and unblocking invoices;
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a polite and helpful manner;
- Ensure delivery within agreed global and local performance metrics;
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in assigned and related tasks.
- Processing of approx. 20,000 invoices a month spanning up to more than 50 operating units and several ERPs including GSAP, SERP, SAP EP Blueprint, Legacy SAP, JDE and Sun
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration preferred; CPA
- Experience in a similar role is preferred but not required;
- Possess basic Financial Accounting knowledge;
- Experience of customer relations management for Vendor Help Desk role;
- Good English communication skills;
- Good in problem solving and has critical thinking skills;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Computer literate - knowledge of SAP application and other Microsoft software is a plus.
- Willing to work on either day/mid/night shift schedule
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.