Credit Portfolio Group Product Control Associate
The Credit Portfolio Group (CPG) Lending business is a key part of the broader CIB Credit Risk management function. CPG is responsible for centrally managing J.P. Morgan’s retained credit risks, arising from our industry leading syndicated lending and derivative marketing businesses. To accomplish this, CPG works in conjunction with Portfolio Management, Research and Solutions to analyze company fundamentals as well as industry and market trends.
The Product Controller team is an integral component of the CIB Finance & Business Management (F&BM) function and is responsible for providing business advisory and accounting support, control oversight and integrity of the financial statements and transaction end-to-end control in support of the business.
You will be provided a great opportunity to support the pnl and risk production of the Credit Portfolio Group which focuses on the CIBs retained credit risk. You will will have a rare opportunity to learn about end-to-end credit risk management and become a subject matter expert on different mitigation strategies including - various derivative hedging strategies (CDS, IR, FX, Equity, etc), the role of capital management and redeployment, loan distribution and valuation, etc.
With strong accounting, communication, and teamwork skills, you will be critical to developing strong partnerships across multiple functions and regions.
- Production, preparation and reporting of the daily P&L and Risk
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting on the financials to desk heads, business managers, and senior finance management
- Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
- Drive coordination across various front & back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Serve as an analytical and project support resource for product control
- Handle various ad-hoc requests on a daily basis
- Manage projects and initiatives related to all of the above, as well as larger cross-business programs
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience within Product Control, Financial Control, Accounting, or related area
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
- Solid understanding of financial products would be advantageous
- Previous P&L or risk experience is preferable
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Strong technical skills in using Excel and PowerPoint
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.