Senior Operational Risk Controller, AVP #225844
Your field of responsibility
Join us as a Sr Operational Risk and Control Analyst (AVP) in the CFO Risk and control Department supporting Product Control (PC) function under Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Division. Our primary responsibility is to oversee and maintain a robust control environment in PC and provide senior Regional and Global management with a high level of comfort with respect to the adequacy of PC processes, controls, and metrics.
As a part of role, your responsibilities include:
- Product Controls Framework - Manage globally and regionally implementation for the Product Controls Framework across different work-streams. Engage with the lines to facilitate their input into the Product Controls Framework and facilitate the implementation of the Product Controls Framework across the line
- Operational Risk and Controls Awareness - Interact closely with the lines as well as the regional/global operational risk team, share key control policies, standards, best practices and drives various control initiatives in the region with the aim of enhancing control awareness in the operating environment
- Manage key stakeholders to ensure that issues are focussed on and the Asia Pacific regions are captured with an appropriate resolution
- Operational Policies Awareness - Assess new policy or changes/interpretation to existing operational controls (Roles & Responsibilities, core principles); Facilitate implementation, training and guidance on PC policies
- General Ledger Account Ownership – Assist in monthly GLAO reporting process including reviewing reported breaks, interacting with the lines to obtain proper understanding of the nature and the resolution of the breaks, and highlighting any major changes to GLAO management reporting team
- Quality Control Review (“QCR”) - Perform regular QCRs on General Ledger Account Ownership, Sarbanes Oxley ("SOX") testing, End-User Computing (EUC) and Supervisory Effectiveness reviews report findings and escalate issues to inter department and regional level for proper action/changes and remediation
- Ad Hoc Assignments – conduct special review and assessment as requested by line management, appointed as the contact point of some global/regional initiatives for PC Ops Risk, perform tasks or act as a local PC Ops Risk contact point for PC staff as required
- Financial Disclosures – Perform quarterly financial disclosures for complex (ASC 860) USGAAP topics coordinating across multiple Product Control teams, SPE team, Group Reporting and Accounting Policy group.
Your future colleagues
CFO Risk Control is the financial guardians of the bank’s policies and procedures for GLAO sign off and SOX self-attestation. You will join CFO Risk Control function, present in offices across EMEA, APAC, SWISS and the Americas. The team consists of individuals from audit background who are result oriented, collaborative, proactive, and with a strong control approach. We are looking for individuals having strong analytical skills, a positive attitude with the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple and effective manner.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
This position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week.
Your skills and experience
Roles in PC Risk and Control are individual contributor role, requires strong technical, product and accounting knowledge. Requires candidate to understand, challenge and, at the same time, effectively communicate complex issues with senior management.
We are looking for candidates with following background / experiences
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Additional knowledge of US GAAP accounting experience
- 6+ years of Product control experience
- Operational Risk experience / Auditing experience is an advantage
- Strong Analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent Communication (written, verbal, presentational) and leadership skills
- Proficiency with Power point and Excel
- Have a proven control focused attitude
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives.
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.