Finance Analyst - Subsidiary Reporting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Business Banking (BB) is a key client facing business group within the Commonwealth Bank. The clients of BB include the Banks corporate, regional and agribusiness and small business clients and caters to all product needs including business lending, everyday business banking, share trading & margin lending, home lending and consumer finance.
CommSec Finance is part of the BB divisional finance team within the Financial Services. The Subsidiary reporting team is a shared service function with BB Finance that provides specialist finance services and advice for subsidiaries that form a key part of BB’s product offering; namely Commsec (retail share trading), asset leasing and health payment platforms.
Your direct team is comprised of Finance professionals, who mainly provide business partnering to the CommSec Division. You will also assist other teams within BB Finance whose businesses operate out of Group subsidiaries.
The activities of the role include:
- Daily Capital, cash flow and performance analysis
- Monthly performance reporting
- Quarterly Board reporting
- Annual statutory account preparation
- ASX, APRA and ABS reporting
- Deep-Dives and Ad-Hoc Analytics
- Financial and non-financial risk control oversight
Do work that matters
Key areas of impact & contribution include:
- Management of reporting cycle for month end, half and year end reporting
- Financial controls - financial and non-financial risk control oversight
- Engagement with BB Finance to ensure a proactive and transparent approach to risk
- Compliance with group wide policies and delivery protocols
- Assess business opportunities and providing commercial advice and input
- Supporting the business with ad-hoc financial analysis and decision support
- Ensure integrity, timeliness of financial data and reconciliation to supporting systems
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives to the reporting, planning and analysis
- Analysis of business drivers including revenue, costs, asset and liability growth and return on equity
- Business partnering and presenting analytical performance to stakeholders
- Capital and cash flow analysis
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Degree qualified (business, finance, IT, risk) with post graduate qualification highly desirable (completed or underway).
- Excellent Financial Control experience
- High degree of problem solving and analytical ability with a close attention to detail
- Self-motivated with an ability to work to deadlines and without supervision
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- OneSource and PSGL experience an advantage
- Experience or exposure to the Financial Services industry an advantage
- Ability to collaborate & work as part of a team
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 12/06/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.