Manager, Tax Controversy
This bilingual opportunity is also available on MNP’s Postes avec expérience job board in French. Please submit one application only to be considered for this opportunity. Thank you.
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Tax Controversy team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll assist clients with the prevention, management and resolution of disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and other tax collection agencies.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Work closely with leading tax specialists; providing advice to a variety of clients and assisting them in their tax matters
- Identify legal issues; research and analyze complicated situations quickly and develop practical solutions in an efficient and timely manner
- Provide representations and negotiation with Revenu Quebec and the CRA
- Remain informed on all new jurisprudence and decisions issued by courts in matters of taxation law, as well as new approaches and directives taken by the taxation authorities
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e. budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection and variance recognition)
- Maintain high quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues relevant to the client’s business, financial entries and reports
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches in order to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation or degree in law (Member of the Bar)
- In-depth Tax Course (I, II) completion, or a masters in tax
- 4 to 5 years of tax controversy / litigation experience
- Knowledge of provincial and federal income tax and proficient in tax research
- Tax planning and/or tax compliance experience for mid-market clients is considered an asset
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
- Bilingual (French and English)
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.