Senior Manager - Valuations - Financial Services - London
Senior Manager – Valuations (Financial Services)
Our Valuations Modelling and Economics business is part of EY’s Strategy and Transactions service line, that works with Financial Services clients across insurance, banking, capital markets, and wealth and asset management sectors. We advise our clients on a range of valuation matters across commercial, strategic, financial reporting, tax, and operational purposes.
The Financial Services team has 55 people based in the UK, with a further 200 in non-FS Valuation roles across the UK, all part of a global VME network of 2,000 specialists delivering high quality advice to our clients across the globe.
There is market opportunity to grow our specialist valuation services to the insurance sector, and we are seeking to hire an experienced valuation specialist with insurance sector experience to join us and help drive this growth.
Your key responsibilities
As Senior Manager within the Valuations team, you will be responsible for managing and delivering complex valuation projects for our insurance sector clients, typically relating to the valuation of private businesses, illiquid assets (such as equity, debt securities, or structured instruments), incentive shares, and intangible assets.
You will work closely with Directors and Partners in the VME team on these engagements. As an insurance valuation subject matter expert, you will also advise colleagues and Partners across SaT and EY’s other service lines, Assurance, Tax, and Consulting, on a range of valuation issues impacting their clients and projects.
Over time, you will develop a strong network with key stakeholders across both EY and our clients, actively pursuing revenue opportunities and engaging in business development activities to support growth. You will also take on team management responsibilities, helping grow and develop our cohort of Analysts and Executives, supporting with training, mentoring, counselling, and recruiting new team members.
Skills and attributes for success
- Exceptional modelling and financial analytical skills
- Highly driven and enthusiastic team player who enjoys working collaboratively within a diverse team
- Strong attention to detail but possessing the ability to step back and see the big picture
- Structured and organised, with strong project management and execution skills
- Risk management mindset
To qualify for the role you must have
- You will have extensive valuations experience in a client-facing role at another Big Four firm, valuation boutique, insurer, consultancy, or investment bank.
- Experience of working in the insurance sector or with insurance clients, and an understanding of how the insurance sector works, including the impact of solvency capital.
- Ability to demonstrate intellectual rigour and commercial awareness, combined with first-class numeracy and analytical skills, and attention to detail
Ideally, you’ll also have
- CFA / ACA / ACCA or similar financial qualification
What we look for
Individuals who are passionate about developing their career as a valuation advisor to the insurance sector. You are highly motivated and ambitious, a numerate, logical thinker, and have an intellectual curiosity about valuation. A strong communicator, team player, and relationship builder, you thrive on change, and have mindset open towards continuous learning and development.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with MyReward you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. We also offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.