Regional Credit Team Lead
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.Summary:
The Credit Team Lead is responsible for providing leadership and managing the credit processes for the customers of a specific sales channel supported by the regional SSC. Responsibilities also include formal relationship management with the business stakeholders, GPOs and other GBS functions in addition to management of the specialist team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and motivate a team of Credit Specialists
- Mentor Credit Specialists and provide guidance on credit management methodologies and practices applicable.
- Formal relationship management with various business stakeholders at GBS, Corporate and Local BU level.
- Plan, organize the workload for team members to ensure that customer service expectations are met or exceeded
- Develop and/or evaluate various models used for setting credit ratings/scores.
- Pro-actively promote profitable sales growth through secured transactions.
- Ensure that credit has been extended to customers according to company policies.
- Minimize bad debt while helping the company maximize profitable sales.
- Oversee and support Credit Specialists with legal or other debt recovery actions.
- Provide input into performance metrics (for process, customer, employee and financial value profiles)
- Set and achieve performance targets (bad debt %, DSO etc.).
- Enforce policies and procedures, ensuring all team members are aware and compliant.
- Assist staff in identifying, defining, and implementing process improvements.
- Identify and present solutions for continuous process improvements to Global Process Owners and support staff in this process as well
- Partner with Global Process Owners to implement process and technology improvements.
- Keep up to date with global credit best practices, trends and technology improvements; provide guidance and design innovative credit risk management solutions to the organization
- Responsible for staff training and education in collaboration with the internal training team
- Provide performance feedback and coaching to team members.
- Prepare / support training programs for employees.
- Customer communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to interview, hire, train, and develop employees
- Highly organized
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- 7+ years experience in SSC or similar managerial role, accounting or similar area, of which 2 as a Team Leader
- Experienced user of Credit Integration Solution or equivalent credit management solution
- Proven track record in Credit process management and improvements.
- Qualified credit management professional with international credit management experience
- Functional knowledge of the accounts receivable processes
- Solid understanding of financial statements and analysis
- Understanding of commercial credit processes