Senior Manager/Director, Corporate Tax - Maidstone Kent
Senior Manager/Director, Corporate Tax - Maidstone Kent
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 800 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
This vacancy is for the recruitment of a senior individual to build, develop and lead the firm’s offering in relation to transfer pricing.
Crowe has reached a point in the maturity of its tax offerings and sophistication of its client needs that it should create a specialist area focused on transfer pricing.
The scope of the role is expected to cover areas such as:
- Developing the transfer pricing offering nationally within Crowe.
- New work generation and business development
- Providing advice to existing Crowe clients and new clients on their transfer pricing approach. Whether they are UK based, have overseas operations or are looking to expand overseas or into the UK.
- Reviewing and advising on updates required to client’s transfer pricing processes, particularly in light of HMRC new master, local file requirements and proposal for a summary audit trail (SAT) in due course.
- Reviewing transfer pricing as part of the audit work on larger mid-tier and larger corporates
- Supporting on transfer pricing matters as part of transaction and DD project work
- Advising on debt / interest deductibility particularly for private equity investments.
- Risk and governance health check reviews to provide clients with comfort / identify risk areas and opportunities within their transfer pricing / supply chain structure.
It is anticipated that additional recruitment will be required at manager or below level in year 1 to provide full time support. In addition, the intention is to leverage the existing Crowe Global network firms to provide support in areas such as report writing and benchmarking.
It is hoped that additional recruitment will be needed in years 2 and 3 as the service offering grows.
The role requirements
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification essential.
- Significant transfer pricing experience in advisory and compliance projects.
- A passion for client service.
- A track record of developing new work.
- Display an energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results.
Your technical skills
Ability to deliver transfer services across a broad range of areas, these may include the following:
- Advising mid-tier and multi-national corporates on their transfer pricing policies, strategies and documentation. Including preparation of local and master files.
- Reviewing and advising on supply chain structures and the tax implications of group operations
- Advising on functional analysis and appropriate transfer pricing methodologies
- Benchmarking and the preparation of transfer pricing agreements
- Transfer pricing work as part of transaction and due diligence projects
- Advice on debt / interest deductibility as part of private equity or property transactions
- Risk and governance diagnostic reviews to identify risk areas and opportunities
- HMRC enquiry support
- Audit support on transfer pricing for large mid-tier and larger corporate audit clients
Your direct client responsibilities
- Developing and leading the transfer pricing relationship across our local and national client base which will include owner managed businesses, larger or more complex UK and international groups.
- Leading and overseeing the preparation of transfer pricing documentation, local and national files
- Leading work and being actively involved in the provision of advisory projects to clients (both proactively and reactively), including clients of other departments and offices.
- Acting as one of the primary UK liaison people on transfer pricing with Crowe’s Global network
- Proactively identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts.
- Leading and supporting business development initiatives to win new work and clients.
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
- Considering and managing risk in all interactions with clients.
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how the delivery of work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm’s ability to serve our clients.
Qualities we are looking for
- Enthusiasm, proactivity and happy to be challenged by a variety of different work
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and quality and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK’s capability to support our clients.
- Very strong tax technical compliance and advisory knowledge.
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching to more junior members of the team.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Closing Date: 26 May 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.