Specialist - Credit Assessment
We’re looking for a results-driven business partner who can balance risk and reward in support of an ambitious and growing Lubricants business. If you have a knack for maximizing commercial opportunities and playing a part in delivering strong margins while taking acceptable credit risks, this role is for you.
Purpose and accountabilities
When you join our Credit Risk Assessment team, you’ll be tasked with managing credit limit approvals and overall credit portfolio management for Lubricants line of business. You will be using your expertise to support business decisions across Shell’s Lubricants portfolio, balancing risk and reward in line with Shell Credit policies.
- Determine appropriate credit risk rating and credit limit through commercial and full financial analysis for new and existing customers.
- Execute appropriate actions identified to mitigate credit risks of a customer such as negotiation and management of security to support higher risk exposure.
- Analyze overall credit exposure and re-assessment of credit worthiness of customers based on re-evaluation triggers and timelines.
- Ensure business continuity by proactively and reactively managing account reviews and actions on blocked sales orders, and consequently dealing with risk implications associated with exposures beyond current approved credit limits
- Provide authorized approval for the release of blocked orders in respect of credit within designated authority.
The Lubricants business is fast-moving and has an ambitious growth agenda. Credit assessments are becoming increasingly complex with a changing macro-environment. This coupled with a generally Credit adverse environment makes it increasingly important that we review customers with a critical eye and provide robust and thorough Credit Assessments to justify decisions made. As a Credit Specialist, you will be directly responsible for a customer portfolio with up to $1000K manual of authority, maximizing commercial opportunities where credit can play a part in delivering strong margins whilst taking acceptable credit risks.
Not only do we want our Credit Specialist to be proficient in applying financial analysis and risk management, but we are also looking for someone who can work with people and teams from other disciplines and backgrounds. You should be able to make tough decisions and implement actions to resolve credit concerns while maintaining customer relationships.
- Technical accountability: Degree in Accounting or Business, preferably with 3-year relevant financial experience with specific focus in credit and balance sheet analysis.
- Business support: You must have a good commercial mindset to be able to support the Sales organization in credit matters. You must have the ability to discuss with customers a range of issues, including high risk rating, cash flow growth potential and still maintain and solid relationship whenever possible.
- Process improvements: Demonstrate strong continuous improvement mindset, with ability to identify new ideas or ways of working thru utilizing digital tools and work closely with the team to improve process.
- Work closely and collaboratively with onshore and offshore stakeholders with a one-team approach in a virtual environment.
Translated Company Description:
Workshift: Night - 9PM to 6AM
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.