Kreston Reeves is currently hiring for an Audit Director to join on a permanent basis in London.
We are so much more than just accountants, business and financial advisers…
Our purpose is to guide our clients, colleagues, and communities to a brighter future.
Kreston Reeves LLP
We’re committed to living by our purpose and values - 'Understand’, 'Look ahead’, 'Make it personal’, 'Be crystal clear’ and 'Be human’. And have created a culture in which we strive for our clients, colleagues, and communities to thrive.
We work as a team and have a wide range of skills, specialisms, and expertise amongst us. We pride ourselves on being a socially responsible employer and have a very active Corporate Social Responsibility programme which holds us accountable against four of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - 'Good health and wellbeing’, 'Quality education’, 'Reduced inequalities’ and 'Climate action’.
Kreston Reeves is an equal opportunities employer committed to fostering a diverse, fair and inclusive culture. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for our roles and equal consideration will be given to every application.
Our people are our core asset so it’s important to us that we create an environment where they are recognised, included, and valued.
As the Audit Director, you will oversee the delivery of the Audit function workflow and, will act in the capacity of a formally approved ‘Responsible Individual’, to directly manage a portfolio of Audit client relationships. You will provide high levels of technical specialism to clients directly and to internal KR client partners/managers. You will also ensure the provision of a high-quality client service experience for all Audit clients whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery.
The successful candidate does not need to be an approved RI on application but would be supported toward achieving this if desired.
The Audit Director will be responsible for:
Scope/Reach & Key Relationships:
- Departmental functional responsibility
- Technical specialist supporting for internal and external needs
- Business plan ownership & input
- Own client portfolio/contacts for ongoing management and development
- Partners and employees who are key stakeholders in audit work across the SL
- Formal people management responsibility for Audit senior managers/managers where appropriate
- Government bodies and external organisations such as HMRC and ICAEW
- Act as a primary technical specialist for Audit related work for both own and others’ clients, as well as internally for other KR people requiring technical input
- Oversee the planning, prioritising, resourcing, and allocation of all relevant client audit work ensuring effective manager team workflow
- Oversee & ensure departmental adherence to scoping and budgeting processes for all client audit work
- Ensure a departmental culture of full agreement of fees for client work prior to it being undertaken
- Ensure all client audit work is managed within budget in line with The KR Way standards of performance document (in particular The Life of an Audit)
- Oversee the monitoring of work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on jobs progress
- Ensure SL wide preparation of bills for Audit work done and ensure timely sending to client
- Sign off and authorisation of documents/accounts/returns where legally acceptable
Client, Internal and External Organisational Contact:
- Manage, support, and develop a significant client portfolio, ensuring the maximising of client advocacy and fee levels from own portfolio with audit report sign off responsibility
- Ensure sufficient departmental contact resource is available for clients, Kreston Reeves personnel and external organisations with self and team members as appropriate
- Ensure overall provision for high levels of client service is in place across the Audit SL
- Provide appropriate access and support for other internal departments to Audit clients to assist the cross selling of services into the Audit client base
Leadership, People Management and Development
- Ensure the defining and agreeing of formal objectives for all direct reports in line with the Audit SL business plan
- Monitor individual and team performance versus original objectives and departmental KPIs
- Provide regular feedback to all direct reports on their performance via ‘1:1’ meetings
- Conduct regular assessments of each direct report’s competence, motivation and required support and resources and where ‘gaps’ versus the job specification are observed, take specific action to rectify via the creation of a personal development plan
- Provide support at internal & external interviews for team members at senior manager level and below
Internal Financial Management & Business Planning
- Provide technical input as required into the strategic direction of the Audit service line and the overall Audit SL annual business plan
- Own and manage SL financial performance and business plan KPIs. Agree and brief SL targets, monitor performance and ensure monthly KPIs report is available to direct reports
- Instigate appropriate action through manager team in response to above performance outcomes
New Business Development
- Continue to build own network of intermediaries, seek to generate referrals from own client base and convert prospects into new clients
- Support the Audit SL in delivering the required new leads and SL incremental fee target via networking, meeting attendance, business pitches & presenting at webinars
- Develop suitably strong internal Kreston Reeves connections such that access and support are given by all other internal departments to their own client bases
- Provide support to the Audit Service Line on client technical issues
- Take a lead role in any regulatory review (FRC, QAD etc…)
- Prepare and present internal training sessions
What's in it for me?
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring, and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
- Leave – We offer a generous annual leave allowance, Holiday buying (up to 5 days), Agile working
- Retail – Restaurant cards (Gourmet Society and Tastecard), Discount shopping, Fabyouless
- Mental Wellbeing – Employee assistance programme and counselling
- Physical Wellbeing – Vitality PMI/Westfield Hospital Treatment Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance , BMI Health Assessment , GymFlex, DNAFit, Annual flu jab
- Financial Wellbeing – 5% matched contribution pension, 2x salary Life Assurance , Westfield Health Cash Plan , 50% Income Protection for 5 years, Increase to Life Assurance, Increase to Health Cash Plan, Options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
- CSR – Give as you earn , 1 day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
- Travel – Cycle to work scheme , Travel Insurance , Interest Free Season Ticket Loan (London only) , Interest Free Car or Motorbike Loan
- Recognition – Monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values demonstration, fair and transparent meritocracy
- Development – We offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to a calendar of training courses run internally and externally, offer paid professional subscriptions
- Diversity Inclusion and Belonging – We operate several Family friendly policies, offer Childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
Kreston Reeves celebrates and promotes diversity and acknowledges that difference brings value to our business. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome an application from you regardless of your race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We believe in creating an even playing field for all of our colleagues, where we can all belong.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.