Finance Business Analyst
This is a key role within the Finance function, with responsibility for supporting the business in the delivery of its strategic priorities. You will also support the team with the delivery of transformation across end-to-end finance processes in areas such as Source to Pay, Property, Digital Strategy and Market Expansion through both small change improvements (utilising potential automation opportunities) and large-scale system and process changes.
The successful candidate will act as a key point of contact for all areas of Finance and various business teams in respect of operationalising finance transformation activities. It requires an ability to understand business processes, gather requirements and translate them into a model that will allow the organisation to achieve its goals.
Reports to: Senior Finance Transformation Manager
Location: Dublin Head Office
- Develop a strong understanding of our existing Finance processes and system landscape as a building block for transformational change and future solutions.
- Be a team player with responsibility for delivering finance requirements to support transformation across end-to-end finance processes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within Finance, to design and deliver effective, efficient and where applicable automated processes that will enhance business outcomes and improve user experience.
- Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders in Finance (including Financial Operations, Property Finance, Treasury, Tax and Financial Reporting) and the wider business including Technology, Store Development and Property.
- Work with internal and external teams to help shape the landscape and solutions that will allow the Finance Team to achieve its strategic goals.
- Using interviews, workshops, documentation reviews, analysis, and business process evaluations to be able to evaluate true business requirements from user requests, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Shape solutions that are future focused and strategic for finance processes and key transformation initiatives
- Lead the relationships with the Technology project team and Finance to deliver end to end finance systems-setup.
- Key stakeholder in the Primark Governance Framework, driving engagement and supporting others across Finance & Technology in preparing for and engaging with Governance forums.
- Take on the project management of programme work streams through to successful implementation, when required. Plan, manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously. Be able to take responsibility for managing aspects of project, managing resources, timelines, 3rd parties and delivering status reports, feeding into the overall project.
- Present findings and status updates to senior management in a clear and concise format.
- Be able to draw requirements together into Functional Requirements Documents using existing templates, diagrams, process flows and scenarios so that the resulting document will be meaningful to the intended users.
- Other related ad hoc activities, as required.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong breadth of experience in finance processes, focused on either accounting or finance project management and delivery. Experience with systems set-up/changes a distinct advantage.
- Excellent project management skills – demonstrated ability to manage projects.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Commercial awareness and strategic mind-set, with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business.
- Experience working on transformation programmes/change programmes, desired across people, process and systems. Demonstrate experience of gathering requirements and converting them into a product vision.
- Strong, clear communication skills (written and verbal).
- Effective and persuasive facilitation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills and ability to influence decision making among senior stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) or similar qualification is an advantage.
- 3+ years PQE having worked in finance.
- Process oriented with a logical mind-set, using reasoning consistently to come to the correct conclusion.
- Possess the ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within Finance, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Strong financial and analytical acumen.
- Demonstrate initiative with strong work ethic.
- Proven experience working in a large organisation with multi-currency and multi-national exposure.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.