Australia Finance Business Analyst
Where you fit
The Business Analyst will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for compiling the reporting, planning and performance appraisal submissions. He or she will be working closely with functional stakeholders to achieve this goal, needing to understand their issues, constructively challenge their inputs and together deliver a high-quality submission.
Individually, this position will have responsibility for a wide variety of deliverables related to the reporting, planning and appraisal process. This role will provide input and advice directly and/or indirectly to Senior leaders in the organization.
What’s the role?
- Contribute to preparation and submission of the annual Business Plan and related assessments to together ensure a sound submission, including operational, economic and financial KPIs
- Contribute to preparation and submission of Latest Estimates, performance overviews and appraisals
- Contribute to preparation and submission of the MI packs, including commentaries and dashboards
- Ensuring that performance is well analysed and explained in management information packs delivered on a regular basis
- Other MI reporting as necessary
- Resolve reporting issues and provide steers on financial queries
- Ad hoc analysis for leadership teams, including insights on financials/results, working capital analysis, price movement impact on cash/earnings, etc.
- Monthly cost analysis and tracking
- Take ownership for quality of data and analysis with specific asset focus, and for specific KPIs. For example, NIBIAT, Cashflow, Production.
- Provide insightful analysis which incorporates external perspective - to support decision-making and drive the performance improvement agenda
- Pilot and embed innovative solutions for PAR that leverage new technologies to make PAR delivery more efficient and effective
- Initiate and contribute to processes and tools improvement as part of enabler to PAR Engine
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders, to deepen team's understanding of underlying issues within the Plan
- Where relevant coach other team members in areas of expertise
- University degree in a finance related discipline with preference for a professional qualification and/or certification like CIMA an MBA, etc.)
- 5-8 years of relevant professional experience
- Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport;
- Excellent communication skills, clarity of thought and ability to translate complex raw data into simple, powerful and easy to communicate key messages & insights
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Evidence of external focus and understanding of the energy industry, competitors, suppliers and markets is helpful
- Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
- A proactive, enquiring mind with the ability to pay attention to the detail as well as step back to understand the bigger picture;
- Exposure or experience with continuous improvement
Excellent IT skills (Power BI, Excel with Power Query, Power Point, Microsoft Word, Planning Space/ P1, management information systems)
- It’s crucial to link various information from different sources to get the final picture without any supervision or support. The candidate must develop an understanding of the flow of data from the various systems along with the accounting entries that are generated. The candidate must be able to quickly identify and correct potential errors and process gaps in a timely manner. Additionally, the person must possess the ability to work on different tasks concurrently, often with tight deadlines. The ability to work with many diverse individuals in a team environment is essential.
- Observe Australia public holiday plus Federal and State gazette holidays applicable to Selangor.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
An Innovative Place to Work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.