Manager, Corporate Tax (Remote)
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Cross Border Individual Tax team as a Senior Manager. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide tax advice on domestic and foreign assignments that empowers client organizations and their employees to maintain regulatory compliance and mitigate risk.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams responsible for managing U.S. and combined U.S.-Canadian individual income and estate tax return preparation for U.S. citizens living in Canada, U.S. residents working in Canada and Canadians working and investing in the U.S.
- Work directly with a senior cross border tax partner to assist assist in carrying out cross-border income tax and estate planning
- Deliver industry and technical expertise relating to Canadian and U.S. individual income tax, social security and international tax treaties through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high-quality deliverables
- Participate in expatriate policy design and implementation and in expatriate compensation design and implementation
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e. budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection and variance recognition)
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing tax returns and other work done by team members for accuracy and completeness
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning related to client and practice management, as well as the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation
- Completion of, or working towards, a master’s degree in U.S. taxation or law is considered an asset
- 7 to 8 years of relevant public accounting or tax consulting experience
- Extensive working knowledge of Canadian and U.S. individual and income and estate tax
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship and leadership skills
- Strong strategic planning and conceptual thinking skills
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.