Assistant Manager - Accounting and Finance
- Lead and manage projects or work-streams of a small to medium size and complexity (including analyzing and interpreting data, drafting report findings and attending client meetings)
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of engagements including work plans, timelines, project management, and resource allocation.
- Liaise effectively with clients whilst working on engagements and act as an ‘ambassador’ for KPMG.
- Own deliverables of an engagement/project with minimal input of project leadership
- Complete report writing, presentations and proposal preparation with minimal guidance.
- Develop expertise and knowledge of a variety of clients and markets.
- Produce and deliver high-quality engagement outcomes and deliverables for our clients, as well as building and maintaining relationships with clients, to develop a strong professional network over time
- Identify risks and opportunities for improvement and make strategic and tactical recommendations to assist our client’s in achieving their short-term and long-term goals.
- Create a positive learning culture. Coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop through effectively supervising, and mentoring.
- Contribute to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or Finance
- Professional accounting and/or finance qualification (e.g., CPA, CA, ACCA, CFA)
Work experience requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of financial accounting experience in a relevant organization (preferably in big four accounting firms - audit and/or accounting advisory teams)
- Experience in MENA market highly recommended
- Demonstrate expertise of industry (Energy, Healthcare, Financial Services, and/or public sector) leading practices
- Strong awareness of non-technical accounting matters (corporate finance, ESG, deals, tax, legal, etc.
Technical skills requirements:
- Extensive technical accounting experience in IFRS and IPSAS
- Strong analytical skills (an eye for detail and awareness of broader business issues)
- Deep understanding of finance business processes and finance controls
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Oracle, SAP, Power BI, Visio, Blueworks, Aries will be preferred.
- Ability to articulate views and ideas clearly, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively, and collaboratively as part of a project team.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Sound decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Good presentation skills encompassing the ability to convey complex concepts accurately and succinctly
- Use diverse sets of inputs to develop a broad perspective on business and people issues