Senior Audit Manager
Audit Services is offering an exceptional opportunity to showcase and expand your knowledge in Corporate Finance, Treasury Management, and capital planning. We are seeking an eager partner to join as a Senior Audit Manager with direct reporting responsibilities (i.e., direct line management of three to five staff) who will be responsible for audit engagements across liquidity risk management, prudential stress testing (e.g., ICAAP, ICARA, CCAR, liquidity), balance sheet management, interest rate risk management, and Human Resources. This position will report to a Director in London, with direct reports and peers located in Chicago, you will be expected to work closely with partners in Chicago, London, and Manila.
Through your leadership and collaboration with other team members, you will support the design and delivery of the audit plan, manage the end-to-end execution of audit engagements, and gain exposure to senior management across Northern Trust. Success is measured through your ability to develop the audit staff, manage the timely delivery and quality of assigned audits, and build relationships both internally in the Audit Services department and with key business stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage and deliver audit engagements and reports to the standards expected within agreed timelines and budgets
- Line management responsibility for a small team
- Coach and develop junior audit staff within the wider team
- Aid and drive the development of our audit plan and audit coverage of prudential risks
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics or Law/ Legal Management is required
- Accountancy qualification (e.g., CPA), Charted Financial Analyst, and/or Certified Internal Auditor designations are preferred
- 5+ years of experience within the banking/financial services sector or similar public accounting experience in the financial services industry
- Well-established soft skills (e.g., ability to communicate both to junior staff and senior leaders, executive writing) is essential for success
- Knowledge and/or experiencing auditing CCAR, management of liquidity coverage ratio and net stable funding ratio, resolution and recovery planning, and portfolio oversight would be an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills (e.g., ability to communicate both with junior staff and senior leaders, executive writing)
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a global audit team
- Line management experience is desirable
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.