Finance Analyst - Finance Business Partnering
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major institutional and government clients, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
IB&M Finance supports the IB&M businesses in providing financial control, financial analysis, product control, regulatory accounting and related project implementation for finance related functions.
Client Solutions (CS) leads relationship management and client strategy/needs identification for institutional clients and partners IB&M product teams in delivery of the Bank’s capabilities.
The Client Solutions Finance team primarily focussed on:
- Finance partnering and support to the CS business
- Capital, risk adjusted reporting and costs
- Data and systems / process enhancements
The role is responsible for communicating to senior business stakeholders, performance reporting, client level profitability analytics and insights, and business planning and forecasting with a strong focus of financial control over client data completeness and accuracy.
Do work that matters
This role supports the Client Solutions business. Responsibilities include:
- Producing timely and accurate client level reporting and analysis for the IB&M Client Solutions business.
- Engage and build relationships with Relationship Bankers (including offshore bankers) in providing awareness and understanding of inputs and end to end processes driving MIS Income outcomes and results.
- Understanding and analysis of the various products distributed within the Client Solutions Business
- Problem solving, answering client related queries/issues raised by the business, in a timely manner.
- Partner with the business to ensure appropriate pricing decisions are made.
- Involvement in business strategy papers and exposure through Industry team meetings.
- Provide insights and analysis across a range of client metrics, including: revenue, expenses, capital, risk measures (exposures, PD, LGD), balances, ROE, ROTE, PACC etc.
- Drive a strong control environment through effective financial control of the front to back client data process
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA or CPA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Knowledge of the banking industry
- Knowledge of IB&M products preferable
- SQL /Tableau/Alteryx and GL knowledge preferable
- Strong excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written, with the ability to summarise key insights
- Strong time management/organisation skills
- Analytical skills and passion for continuous improvement
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 12/06/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.