Indirect Tax Analyst
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
The Indirect Tax Analyst will be working with Kerry’s growing indirect tax team which is based in Kuala Lumpur. Kerry’s primary ERP system is SAP, with reporting from time to time from other systems and government portals. The indirect tax compliance work will either be done centrally or controlled centrally. Returns currently are mainly of a VAT/GST nature. Indirect tax is a transactional tax and in addition to preparing indirect tax returns, the indirect tax team works with other Kerry functions to ensure that the end-to-end business process is compliant and efficient.
- Prepare to review stage periodic indirect tax returns (usually monthly)
- Prepare or review GST/VAT GL balance sheet account reconciliations and follow up on any open items (monthly)
- Keep Turnover Reconciliation up to date (compare between income in financial statements and sales in indirect tax returns).
- Organise the GST/VAT payments and submit returns from the SSC
- Prepare a monthly GST/VAT debtor report that corresponds with the VAT reconciliations
- Support the Indirect tax Team Lead in relation to standardisation / documentation of processes and controls for Europe indirect tax
- Ad hoc projects associated with indirect tax as needed e.g. audit preparation, process improvement, introduction of new systems e.g. new SAP deployments, acquisitions / disposals
- Assign GST/VAT rates to materials / products in master data workflow
- Review new customer and vendor set ups in master data workflow.
Qualifications and skills
- Good knowledge of SAP
- Regional experience of GST/VAT compliance gained in an MNC or Shared Services environment
- Degree in Accounting/Finance with at least 3-5 years' relevant indirect tax experience
- High level of English language proficiency (spoken and written) as this is most widely used business language.
- Some shift work may be needed during transition periods
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.