Director, Corporate Tax - Cheltenham
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
We have a vacancy for a Corporate Tax Director to work in our Midlands South West Tax team based in our Cheltenham office. This is a full-time permanent role with opportunities for progression.
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering UK and cross border special and project-based work, and overseeing larger or more complex compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from owner managed companies to quoted groups. You will also be heavily involved in business development initiatives and working with the team and the audit partners to generate new work.
You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with extensive practical tax experience. You will also be able to work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, and audit and corporate finance colleagues whilst using your own initiative.
The role requirements
- ACA/ CTA or equivalent qualification.
- Significant Corporate Tax experience on a range of advisory and compliance projects.
- A passion for client service.
- A track record of developing new work.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrating personal commitment to work and team success; showing positive attitude and enthusiasm for work and taking initiative to improve process/situations when appropriate.
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed.
- Providing and being receptive to regular and constructive feedback that improves self and others. Continually developing skills and knowledge.
- Influencing, changing and shaping the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally.
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues.
- Participating in service line, office and firm wide activities.
Your direct client responsibilities
- Leading work on UK and cross border tax advisory projects, reporting to tax partners. Examples include:
- Group reorganisations
- Due Diligence
- International expansion
- Advice on financing arrangements
- Transfer pricing reviews
- Overseeing compliance work on larger or more complex clients.
- Assistance with R&D reviews, capital allowances projects and other compliance related planning.
- Developing relationships with clients and contacts.
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including VAT, personal taxes, payroll taxes, corporate finance support etc.
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP and IFRS accounting fundamentals and applications.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations for the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
Qualities we are looking for
- Ability to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of Crowe UK’s capability to support our clients.
- Act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Adhere to the firm’s risk management policies at all times.
- Deliver work to the highest quality.
- Ability to provide fast and intuitive analysis; correctly interpreting data, including financial statements and source documents.
- Demonstration of the ability to effectively understand and manage risk issues.
- A passion for helping clients and growing our business with both existing and new contacts.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 26 May 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.