Purchase-to-Pay (Associate Analyst)
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers, and for a sustainable future.
We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to progress.
Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, orientation, and background. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF!
Objectives of the Position
- Provide Accounts Payable transaction processing support to deliver Accounts Payable services to BSSCKL‘s customers in accordance with established Accounts Payable processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, FRC requirements and local company legal and statutory requirements (if applicable).
- Ensure that timelines and quality meet the agreed service levels and targets.
- To act as a backup, assist and perform other AP tasks as and when required.
- Support new and existing team members through proper knowledge transfer, sharing of resource, knowledge and experience
- Process 3rd party supplier’s invoice validation within agreed timeline and ensure correct information is transferred to Process Director.
- Process 3rd party supplier’s document namely PO related invoices and credit notes, FI invoices and credit note, Downpayment, by ensuring delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness and timeliness daily.
- Process Inter-company (IC) related invoices, debit notes and credit notes, by ensuring delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness and timeliness daily.
- Control and manage recurring invoice, auto debit, invoicing settlement, custom and consignment invoices by ensuring delivery quality in terms of accuracy, completeness and timeliness daily.
- Ensure its compliance with the BASF P2P global standard guidelines for Material & Services, Freight Accounting and Intercompany and local company legal and statutory requirements. All transactions should be process according to the established work instruction and process definition according to P2P global guideline.
- Ensure that tasks are performed within Service Level Agreement (SLA) stated in Service Responsibility Matrix.
- Ensure the accuracy and the completeness of the transaction processed and to manage correction action is performed when necessary.
- Attend to request or inquiry for Accounts Payable via generic mailbox within SLA timeline
- Attend to calls from BASF users where at the same time educate them to use general mailbox for any requests
- Have knowledge on tax fundamental to support the verification of invoices before further processes based on country practices, also identifying withholding tax, VAT and GST requirement before invoice booking.
- Ensure transaction processed by Accounts Payable team does not lead to Inter-company differences. (only applicable for Inter-company team)
- Impose rejection on Inter-company invoices with incomplete accounting information after consultation from senior analyst or manager. (only applicable for Inter-company team)
- Liaise with the BASF business units and local companies on issues not limited to Finance community but also includes Procurement, Supply Chain, Treasury, HR Services, Master Data and Suppliers.
- Monitor & perform GRIR clearing on a monthly basis.
- Following up with top vendor accounts of statement of accounts reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Perform vendor’s audit confirmation on timely basis.
- Support Senior Analyst to perform AP aging analysis (aging/debit balances)
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Identify and recommend new idea / solutions to Specialist/Expert & Managers for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Support regional and global project improvements activity e.g. involve in User Acceptance Test and Training
- Execute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and accurate customer service.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with customers to ensure that solutions are adopted, implemented and maintained appropriately.
Frequent cooperation outside BASF Group:
- BASF’s Suppliers
- External auditors
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group and/or BSSCKL:
- Counterparts in local company and end-users from various Operating division.
- Cross function teams within BSSCKL
- Manager, senior analyst and peers within Finance Delivery teams
- Other support functions within BSSCKL e.g. Control, Project, Quality & Compliance (PQC) team, Corporate Audit teams
Degree of Supervision Required in the job:
- Works with minimal supervision
Education & Working Experience:
- Diploma / Degree in accounting, finance or business administration, with 2 to 5 years relevant work experience.
- Reputable Knowledge and understanding of P2P and accounting functions.
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing will be preferable
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Proficiency in English with good communication and writing skills
- Experience working in an SAP work environment
- Preferably with additional language skill. Eg: Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnam (optional based on portfolio)
- Knowledge and experience of MS office tools, SAP , Chrome River system or another ERP system
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement preferred.
- Experience working in an MNC or Malaysian Public listed company
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €78.6 billion in 2021. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S. Further information at our website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.