Financial Reporting Senior Business Adviser
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
As a Senior Business Adviser you will be required to work closely and support senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services. You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of the project to the manager for review, being the first point of contact for our clients throughout the project. In addition to accounting capabilities, you will have a rounded business knowledge able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face such as current trading position, future outlook and legislative changes
- Review and management of management accounts process for individual and groups of companies to timetables agreed with client including if needed calculation of adjusting entries
- Understanding of typical interactions between groups of companies
- Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP and other accounting frameworks.
- Preparation of consolidations and cash flows for year end statutory accounts
- Sound knowledge of accounting software packages for example Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks, SAP
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
- Liaise with auditors as necessary
- Ensure compliance with our streams policies and procedures
- Understands WIP, scope, fees and project negotiations
- Monitor and review client financial data, present ideas and make recommendations to clients
- Proactive analysis of client data and communication directly with client e.g current issues, future trading, relevant legislative changes
- Understands the clients business context to ensure we continue to deliver relevant solutions and good value
- Organises work efficiently to meet project deadlines and client expectations
- Share knowledge and ideas openly with colleagues
- Continues to build a network of professional contacts
- Attends client meetings with other senior members of the team
- Undertakes planned activities to build business development skills
- Contributes to bid documents and proposals
- Attends relevant business seminars
- Supports trainees with their personal and professional development
- Can articulate the BSO and wider BDO offering
- Proactively identifies potential new business opportunities for BSO and wider BDO services
- Supervises the work of others when needed
- Seeks greater responsibility and rises to the challenge
- Is robust under pressure and calmly faces challenging situations
- Is sought out by colleagues as a valuable source of advice and support
- Makes suggestions and offers potential solutions to problems in a timely manner
- Displays energy and enthusiasm and is focused on achieving results
- Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Qualified ACCA or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Good knowledge of accounts preparation package (Caseware, IRIS)
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.