A/SA – Risk and Compliance (AAS) (Petaling Jaya)
The Risk Officer/Assistant will support the Payroll Outsourcing Department by developing, maintaining, and implementing governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) initiatives, processes and documentations across the department’s mandate and activities. This role will help strengthen internal governance and provide input into modernizing and professionalizing GRC operations. The Risk Officer/Assistant will manage internal/external risk assessments, third-party contracting, evaluations, and compliance requests, prepare mitigation steps, and assist in audits as well as other relevant matters. This role does not involve any legal advice.
- Prepare and review compliance documents, client contracts, vendor contracts, risk assessments, and any other material related to risk.
- Select relevant material, analyze information, and present findings for internal review.
- Identify problems and issues within current operations, documents or reports to be addressed, and propose corrective actions.
- Liaise with Client and internal Risk Management Department (Legal/National IT Security/Data Privacy) for contracting, data privacy, data security, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, due diligence, vendor code of conduct, and other compliance and risk-related discussions.
- Complete internal and client/vendor risk, compliance and related-audit assessments for the department operations.
- Monitor client evaluations performed by payroll operation team and ensure compliance of renewals.
- Perform vendor evaluations including information gathering, preparation of documents, approvals and renewals.
- Monitor and update controls over cash handling including Letter of Indemnity/Authorization drafting for clients, payment method overseeing and bank letter/document drafting to be submitted to bank.
- Provide risk advice and maintain SOP documents on payroll process and operational governance.
- Monitor and share relevant risk-related e-Alert and e-Announcement that impact the department.
- Assist with sales pipeline including fee quotation and proposal development.
- Maintain good relationship with Client and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Two (2) years of progressively professional level experience in a risk management, business or payroll contract management background
- Undergraduate degree and/or relevant professional or Industry qualifications (Accounting/Payroll), other qualification or educational areas will be considered
- Knowledge with Payroll and/or Business Development
- Advanced PC skills with demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio (good to have)
- Track record of handling confidential information
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate at all levels of management
- A team player, with the ability to network and work effectively in a multicultural setting
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness, and the ability to effectively work with team members from different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently in a very fast paced environment with only general supervision
- Good interpersonal skills and good at working to deadlines
- Professional and courteous at all times, with a concern for maintaining a high level of team satisfaction
- Open to collaboration with other work areas within and other duties as required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.