Manager, Assurance and Accounting
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams
- Responsible for the completion of compilation and compliance taxation engagements
- Review financial statements and corresponding notes
- Review taxes owed and review personal and corporate tax returns ensuring compliance with government standards
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Identify ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team
- Network and take a leadership role in the local professional, business, and community while raising awareness of MNP and looking for new business development opportunities
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop accounting and taxation knowledge
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum 4 to5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Prior experience working with professional clients would be considered beneficial (i.e. Dentists, Lawyers and Physicians)
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, TaxCycle (or similar software such as TaxPrep or Profile); working knowledge of QuickBooks and/or Xero would be an asset but not required
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word and Excel
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.