Manager, Corporate Finance – Due Diligence
This bilingual opportunity is also available on MNP’s Postesavec expérience job board in French. Please submit oneapplication only to be considered for this opportunity. Thankyou.
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Corporate Finance team as a Manager. This diverse team of professionals maximizes our clients’ potential so they can seize opportunities as they emerge within an evolving business landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide innovative solutions that meet clients’ divestiture, financing, due diligence and acquisition goals.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Assist financial and corporate acquirers and vendors in evaluating M&A opportunities by understanding deal hypotheses and company value drivers and risks
- Lead detailed analysis relating to quality of earnings reviews, sustainability of EBITDA, quality of assets, working capital profile and potential risks and opportunities
- Prepare and review technical based analysis, projections, forecasts and models
- Identify competitive issues and performance indicators on both a macro and micro level specific to the target market
- Design and develop high-quality deliverables including engagement letters, reports, presentations and correspondence
- Manage engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (budgets, WIP, timely billing, collection, variance recognition)
- Identify innovative ways to deliver added value to clients; ensure client needs are met and relationships grow and develop
- Maintain high quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues or key risks relevant to the client’s business
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and lead the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in business with a specialization in Accounting or Finance; possession of a Master’s Degree in a related field is considered an asset
- Possess a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) designation; possession of a Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a professional services firm
- Minimum 2 years of experience in transaction advisory services sector assisting clients with their due diligence needs relating to mergers and acquisitions
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis and modeling
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong technical accounting skills with detailed knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Some travel may be required
- Bilingual French and English a requirement
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.