The role is designed for supporting and delivering activities carried out by the Manage Direct Tax team supporting Europe region. It is a Tax Specialist Role, responsible primarily for supporting Tax reporting and filing for various legal entities in EU countries. It provides a very good exposure on data used in direct tax compliance and Group reporting along with very good exposure towards stakeholder management.
To play a key role in the following areas in Manage Direct tax-EU region:
- Ensuring timely submission of quarterly, and annual tax provisions and submission of tax returns.
- Supporting the team in smooth migration of the activities for Manage Direct Tax for EU countries.
- Ensure all the timelines are met and quality is maintained.
- Ensuring timely preparation and filing of statutory accounts
- Co-ordination/ support for Tax assessments
- Co-ordination/ support for resolving all audit queries
- Ensuring compliance with RASCI
- Working closely with other teams like tax, legal and various controllers’ team
- Should be focused and result oriented Dimensions;
- Business covered: Upstream, Downstream, Trading and Corporate.
- Countries covered: EU countries (The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France and Hungary)
- Controls Standard as applicable
- Multiple ERPs viz. GSAP, Blueprint, etc.
- Executes provision of direct taxation on quarterly / annual basis, tax true ups and deferred tax provisions, executes preparation of tax computations and tax returns and ensures timely filing with revenue and statutory authorities.
- Ensures strong coordination across other business functions and FO operations
- Manages workloads, multiple demands, and competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining a high quality and integrity of data.
- Proactively manages relationships with all stakeholders
- Continuous focus on improvement opportunities (ESSA) in process and content and identifies and actions opportunities to reduce complexity, promote best practice and provide focus on financial issues.
- Keeps abreast of Business developments and Business performance drivers.
- The role is technically demanding and requires strong knowledge of country specific and International Financial Reporting standards, specific country tax legislation and compliance requirements, group reporting process and controls.
- Seamless migration of direct taxation activities
- Implementation of Standardized processes
- Effective operations of the ongoing activities.
- Stakeholder interfaces can be challenging with a wide variety of stakeholders, in different locations and with competing priorities.
- Managing interfaces with external statutory auditors during peak auditing periods are challenging.
- Managing peak period while ensuring seamless and timely delivery of quarterly tax reporting, annual ITRs, tax payments and filing of annual statutory reports.
- Effective and timely communication with stakeholders
Knowledge & experience:
- Recognized professional qualification with at least 1.5-2 years of post-qualification experience in Direct tax process is preferable.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills.
- The candidate requires strong customer focus and delivery skills.
- Knowledge and experience in handling corporate taxation and financial reporting experience is preferable
- Knowledge on the Global Standard process in Shell preferable
- Knowledge of various ERP systems used in the Shell Group. Excellent MS Office skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.