Associate, Auditor (Graduate Opportunity) - Hybrid
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Asset Servicing Audit Services team conducts audits throughout the company to provide independent and objective assurance that assess risks and protect the assets, reputation, and sustainability of Northern Trust. The Associate Auditor is responsible for conducting and documenting routine audit examinations throughout the company within an audit team environment.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to the enhancement and further growth of the global Audit Services team. You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative manner with audit partners globally, engage with senior stakeholders throughout the business, gain exposure across Northern Trust, as well as valuable insights into Northern Trust’s global business. This position will report locally to an Audit Manager in Limerick.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls to assess the quality and/or control environment through audit projects
- Participate in team meetings and meetings with internal business units to identify risks and controls as well as communicate audit results throughout the audit
- Apply analytical skills and professional judgement to execute audit test steps and assess potential control weaknesses
- Document comprehensive workpapers outlining concise test results and supporting evidence in a timely manner
- Support on data analytics methods to facilitate the evaluation of risks and controls
- Contribute to the further enhancement of the audit services team and provide input to special projects, as assigned
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Northern Trust Audit Methodology and adhere to all applicable Department Standards
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A College or University degree and/or entry level experience in the financial services sector
- An understanding of auditing/compliance/risk management activities and/or any related work experience
- Analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm to learn and contribute to the completion of team projects and objectives
- Knowledge of MS Office (e.g., Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.