External Audit Manager
AUDIT & ASSURANCE
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your Journey with Us
We are currently seeking ambitious Audit Managers with exceptional proven leadership ability and excellent people management skills as well as creative skills to bring a fresh perspective to our dynamic Audit Team.
At Deloitte, we recognize there is no one size fits all career path, and global, cross-business mobility and up/re-skilling are all within the range of possibilities to shape a unique and fulfilling career. If you're ready to take your career to the next level in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning and dynamic teamwork, both locally as well as overseas, you're ready for Deloitte!
How you will Make an Impact
As an Audit Manager in the Audit & Assurance Team you will be responsible for a portfolio of audit clients, both indigenous and global multinational.
Your main tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures guided risk assessment is completed for relevant account balances and risk conclusions are supported by audit evidence
- Is able to apply and interpret statistical methods and analytics and turn raw data into useful insights for risk assessment and focusing audit responses
- Discusses key audit and accounting judgments on a timely basis with the engagement partner
- Engage entity management early and work together to resolve issues
- Identifies early appropriate audit approach and composition of resources to optimize audit execution, and checks that adequate resources with sufficient time are scheduled to perform the work
- Establishes time and space for team members to ask technical questions, learn on-the-job; provides technical expertise for junior team members
- Keeps abreast of new version releases of Deloitte Way Workflows and builds in regular discussions with team members to consider application in context of the stage of the audit
Let’ s Talk About You
Your Leadership skills:
- Actively manages the work of their teams against project scope to maximize quality, effectiveness and value to both clients and to Deloitte
- Reviews the performance of team members on a regular basis; provides timely and honest feedback to drive high performance and quality output, and to aid their development
- Sets expectations and responsibilities for the team, and challenges them to raise the bar while providing support
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and colleagues, across a broad network, based on mutual respect and trust
- Applies and shares understanding of key trends and competitors to promote adoption of leading practices
Your Professional skills:
- Aligns tasks to team(s) in a way that benefits the engagement(s) while leveraging past learnings whilst building and supports diverse teams through inclusive leadership
- Acts responsibly to clarify engagement(s) scope and exclusions while assessing the need for modified scope with stakeholders by encouraging teams to have honest conversations to achieve alignment and promptly addresses or escalates concerns around meeting deadlines or targets
- Completes all training and other compliance obligations, including professional certifications, if applicable, on proactive and timely basis along with guiding team(s) for the same
- Sets tone by leading teams in application of appropriate tools, methodologies, quality and risk protocols, relevant regulatory frameworks, professional standards and regulatory requirements along with judgment to deliver quality work on engagements whilst guiding team members to fill their skills/capability gaps
Your Specialized skills:
- Strong commitment and proven record of professional and client service excellence.
- A minimum of five years post qualifications experience with deep knowledge and experience of IFRS and ISA Candidates must be in possession of a university degree in Accountancy, or have completed or at an advanced stage of completing their ACCA or ACA professional qualification.
- Proven audit management experience together with experience and evidence of business development.
World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
Our client-facing Audit & Assurance practice delivers audit, assurance and advisory services of the highest quality. Covering a wide range of industries and markets, be it financial services in multinational corporations to smaller, owner-managed businesses. Our distinctive audit approach and investment in technology enables our Audit & Assurance team to deliver seamless global accounting and auditing services. We are forward thinking, risk focused and insights based.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organization, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles that distinguish the Deloitte culture.
Drive your career! We offer the opportunity to grow as a professional through an exceptional combination of digital learning, mentoring and regular performance snapshots.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Health Insurance and Mental Health support
- Weekly get-togethers
- Hybrid working option
Join us to make an impact together! Apply now!