Tax Compliance Junior
TAX COMPLIANCE JUNIOR
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your Journey with Us
We are currently seeking ambitious Tax Junior with a particular focus on pursuing a career in corporate tax compliance. At Deloitte, we recognize there is no one size fits all career path, and we offer a range of possibilities to shape a unique and fulfilling journey. If you're ready to take your career to the next level in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning and dynamic teamwork, you're ready for Deloitte!
How you will Make an Impact
As a Tax Junior in the Tax Compliance Team you are responsible for providing quality tax advice, handling the processing of income tax refund claims and keeping abreast with tax developments, in order to help our clients excel globally.
Your main tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Report directly into the Tax Compliance Managers and Senior Managers;
- Prepare income tax returns and computations for a variety of local and international clients;
- Liaise with the Inland Revenue Department on various compliance matters;
- Assist with and pre-empt any potential business development initiatives;
- Contribute to broader tax advisory projects from time to time;
- Perform any other tax compliance related tasks as may be required, proactively assist in the day-to-day client requests while reporting to Managers and above;
Let’ s Talk About You
Your Leadership skills:
- Monitors own results against objectives and seeks feedback to identify ways to enhance quality and personal/team performance
- Supports respect and inclusion by encouraging an open dialogue with colleagues and valuing individual differences and contributions
- Builds their own understanding of emerging market trends and educates others accordingly
- Projects enthusiasm, optimism and commitment to their work and the teams they are part of.
Your Professional skills:
- Develops an advanced understanding of Deloitte's client and engagement acceptance processes and policies.
- Adapts to changing priorities as they arise and seeks guidance from team leaders.
- Consult and proactively understand the needs of the client and work with them to develop relevant and valuable solutions.
- Evaluates problem(s) objectively considering facts, relevant professional standards or research, and develops a comprehensive picture of the problem
Your Specialized skills:
- be in possession of a university degree in Accountancy, or an equivalent qualification such as ACA or ACCA;
- have a minimum of one to two years working experience in a similar role;
- be able to work on their own initiative and have a strong work ethic;
- be able to work on cross-functional engagements with other departments within the firm;
- have an excellent command of English;
- be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills;
World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
Our local Tax function comprises of approximately 120 professionals. In Tax , you will get the opportunity to provide clients with the support and advice they need to make key decisions on an international scale. We bring together a mix of commercial, industry and technical tax and regulatory knowledge, creative thinking and innovative technology, to help solve some of the most complex business issues our clients face. In this an ever-more high profile area, you’ll have the chance to understand how business, and your particular clients, really work.
As a Purpose-led organization, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles that distinguish the Deloitte culture. We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you. We tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- Health Insurance cover for yourself and dependents.
- Mental health support through sponsored therapy sessions.
- Weekly get-togethers
- Hybrid working option
- Digital learning, mentoring and regular performance snapshots.
- Renowned training programme with Deloitte University.
- Ongoing in-house trainings all year round to make sure CPE requirements are met.
Join us to make an impact together! Apply now!