We are looking for an Accountant to be part of an established team of professionals within our client's Tax Compliance and Client Accounting department. The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of local and international clients. The role requires an autonomous and results-oriented individual who can effectively lead the resources available with a view to consistently meeting and exceeding their clients’ expectations.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a full-service certified public accounting practice specializing in tax, audit and financial planning services and is located in Birkirkara.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting clients in the upkeep of the day to day accounting records.
- Prepare corporate tax returns and tax refund claim forms.
- Monitor the end-of-month routines, including the preparation and review of periodical management accounts and reports.
- Prepare and reviewing VAT returns and VAT recapitulate statements.
- Preparing monthly payroll.
- Produce ad-hoc reports, including cash-flows, budgets and forecasts.
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Plan and organising your portfolio to ensure that processes, duties and responsibilities are sufficiently clear to consistently meet agreed targets and service standards.
- Play an active monitoring role to influence and shape the development of the firm and the work load at all levels of the organization.
- Assisting in ad-hoc projects and any other duties assigned by the Team leader, Manager and Partners.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting and tax compliance in Malta.
- Experience at manager level would be considered an asset.
- Be capable of working in a computerised environment, including the proficient use of the Microsoft office suite and experienced in using accounting software (preferably Sage Line 50 Accounts).
- Be an organised and methodical individual with an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to work equally well with peers, teams and clients.
- The ability to prioritise commitments and work well under pressure to meet statutory deadlines.
- Be able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- An accountancy qualification or partly qualified, ACCA, bachelor’s degree or higher international qualification.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- Flexibility in working hours, from 08:00 till 09:00 with 30 minutes break to be taken at your pace.
- Performance bonus in June (mid-year).
- Performance Appraisal in Dec/Jan.
- CPE hours plus Memberships paid.
- Sponsor ACCA, first sitting of any exam plus lectures will be paid by the client with 3 days study leave.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
ABOUT IRIS THAUMAS
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is certified to ISO 9001:2015; licensed Employment Agency/Employment Business (EA #181); and Certified SRPS (MLC 2006 SRPS).