The role is part of a high performing team centered on Finance Transformation and becoming a best-in-class Finance organization.
As a Financial Analyst, you will support your local finance operations team in various responsibilities such as budget and forecasting, project tracking analysis, month-end and quarter-end closing activities (journal entries, reconciliations, etc.) to help ensure the completeness and accuracy of the financials to meet targets and drive results.
As part of the Finance Operations and Transformation team, there will be many opportunities to improve processes and improve collaboration with your Finance partners and business partners to grow and demonstrate your analytical and interpersonal abilities.
This person will help to identify and implement new ways of working as we transform the way Sanofi controls Sales & Opex.
- Support the month-end and quarter-end closing activities: prepare accruals and journal entries to be posted in SAP, and manage and correct master data in financial systems (SAP and TM1). This will include supporting sales and/or opex and/or areas with complexities which require additional technical knowledge (i.e., Gross to Net, Fringe, CAPEX, etc.).
- As part of the closing process, understand and apply allocation methods, where applicable.
- Manage Personnel Costs controlling, including STI (Bonus) Accrual and True-Up Process.
- Prepare analysis to substantiate appropriate balance sheet accruals, prepaids or reserves (gross to net).
- Partner with A2R (Account to Report) to ensure a timely and accurate close process.
- Support the identification of new ways of working with Finance Business Partners (FBP) across Business Units and within Finance Operations to provide cohesive and seamless support to Business Leaders
- Support the financial reporting process, providing results directly to Controllers for monthly commentary.
- Analyze results, including trends, in order to extract potential risks and opportunities to present to management for review.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and provide a clear explanation of balance fluctuations as well as itemization of balance components. Prepare specialized reporting (AI schedules) for off balance-sheet reporting.
- Provide commitments tracking to help FBPs and Controllers understand year-to-date and year-to-go actuals as well as support monthly commentary for variance analysis.
- Support Business Partners to analyze spend activities and prepare monthly accruals vs forecast as needed.
- Opportunities for business partnering responsibilities and activities.
- Process owner for all master data maintenance and updates and system related activity.
- Ensure compliance with all Sox & internal control processes and responsible for monthly controlling checklist activities.
- Utilize continuous improvement in daily activities to identify process simplification opportunities and enhance tools improvements.
- Initial point of contact for Financial Controller to provide technical expertise and guidance as needed.
- Continuously challenge legacy ways of working, status quo; identify gaps, and recommend new ways of working.
- Increase Financial and business acumen.
- Promote efficiencies and improved ways of working across designated region and ensure best practice sharing.
- Educate client groups on all aspects of financial policies and processes to ensure compliance .
- Support all key Finance initiatives.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
- At least 2+ years work experience in a related field
- Demonstrated results building partnerships with multi-levels across businesses required.
- Must have high attention to detail, quality and proven ability to operate effectively under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to lead through influence including demonstrated facilitator skills
- Strong organization skills: ability to track and manage a high volume of projects at a detailed level
- Ability to develop a rapport and credibility with key stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively across international work streams
- Demonstrated organization savvy and self- awareness
- Adaptable and able to work in complex matrix environment
- Change agent who can propose, lead, and drive changes
- Motivated to grow in your career
- Advanced excel skills
- Must be able to download data and use pivot tables, V-look ups, macros, etc.
- Demonstrated experience modeling ethical behavior in challenging situations required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities with attention to detail and strategic thinking.
- Proven experience working across multiple internal stakeholders.
- Technology savvy, business orientation, and agile learning abilities required.
- Capable of working in multiple systems and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- MBA and/ or professional accounting qualification preferred.
- Pharmaceutical industry and previous experience in Big 4 accounting firms are preferred.
- SAP and TM1 system experience is preferred.